Overstory Media Group is a media company that delivers high-quality, fact-based journalism and storytelling. At OMG our goal is to empower communities – connected by geography, interest, or industry – with information delivered by the people within them.
The way we do this is by identifying journalists, creators, and existing brands who share in this belief and provide tools, resources, and financial support to help them create in their communities.
Today we have 10 community brands across Canada under our umbrella. We plan to continue building – by 2023 we will add 250 people to our headcount and launch 50 new community brands. Some of the newsletter-based journalism outlets we’ve built to date include Capital Daily, Vancouver Tech Journal, Burnaby Beacon, and Fraser Valley Current.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a creative individual who is passionate about frontend design, and has the ability to communicate and work effectively within a dynamic team. Having the ability to wear multiple hats is important, as is a can-do attitude!
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, and other design tools
- Keen eye for detail
- Develop responsive WordPress websites, landing pages, forms
- Build and maintain forms and landing pages on other platforms such as Unbouce, Active Campaign, etc.