The salary range for this position is:
Recruitment range: $65,701- $72,440 starting salary determined by the PEA Collective Agreement.
Performance range: starting salary to max of $85,446 is available through annual performance increases.
* This position is eligible for a Hybrid Work Arrangement*
UC+M provides campus-wide leadership in and is responsible for the university’s internet communications strategies, from supporting university policy through standards, guidelines and procedures to internet-based infrastructure, including websites, social media channels and video. The web content strategist promotes and facilitates implementation and supports the use of effective internet communications strategies at the university. They provide expertise to both centralized and decentralized web resources on campus.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Communications, the Web Content Strategist will provide advice, coordination, research, writing and editorial leadership with content strategy for university websites with the objective to ensure content is:
- Accurate and up to date
- Clear, concise and scannable
- Appropriate in tone and consistent in editorial voice and brand
- Effective in targeting appropriate audiences
- Engaging and serves to enhance the reputation of the university
- Consistent with institutional positioning, the UVic strategic plan, the Integrated Marketing and Communications Plan, department/faculty priorities, content strategy best practices, University Communications + Marketing standards and the UVic Style Guide
Core responsibilities include:
- Content strategy, planning, development and management
- Development and placement of copy and implementation of rich media for websites
- Training and support for web content creators and editors
- Contributing to and engaging with appropriate internal community of practice to learn and share skills, training and specialized knowledge
- Development and maintenance of web content that reflects institutional positioning, web best practices, UVic Brand Guidelines and the UVic Style Guide. This includes well-written copy, appropriate photos and video, social media, and other content assets