Located 6828 Kirkpatrick Crescent, Saanichton BC
Who We Are:
We believe people should never settle for boring baked goods, ever.
We are Portofino Bakery, one of British Columbia’s fastest-growing bakeries, serving an increasing network of local grocery and foodservice customers across Western Canada.
Portofino Bakery was founded over 15 years ago in Victoria, BC with the mission to provide better artisan bread to the local community in Victoria. Today, we have over 175 team members, 3 facilities and are continuing our mission to enrich the lives of our customers with better every baked goods.
Portofino Bakery is part of Bond Bakery Brands, a stakeholder-focused investment platform started by three friends, and includes Pace Processing & Product Development, Holy Napoli and Coco Bakery. Together, we are building better bakeries.
The Bread and Butter of the Position:
If you are the type of person that loves driving, organizing, and keeping moving all day, we'd love to consider you for our Transfer Driver position.
Our Transfer Drivers are an integral part of our operations, transferring our artisanal products with pride and care between our facilities.
Bonus points for previous commercial driving experience! Our Transfer Drivers drive a combination of 1 ton and 5 ton trucks.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, our Transfer Drivers are responsible for:
- Loading, unloading and organizing stacks of product from our bakery to our warehouse several times per day (approx. a 2 km drive) using our 5 ton and 1 ton trucks
- Supporting our operations by maintaining excellent warehouse organization and working with the Order Building and Packaging Teams to ensure all time goals are met
- Completing all administrative tasks, including, but not limited to tracking and recording quantities in a transfer log
- Picking-up and delivering items offsite from time to time
- Delivering internal company supplies between facilities (e.g. equipment, tools, supplies etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Shifts and availability:
- 8 hour shifts, 7:00am - 3:30pm
- Must be available to work Tuesday - Saturday
- This is a full time permanent position
The Ingredients You Bring to the Table:
- Previous driving experience - bonus points for commercial driving experience!
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs
- A class 5 driver’s license
- A clean driver’s abstract from the past 5 years, with no major infractions
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment cooperatively
- A willingness to learn and grow
- A commitment to upholding company policies, compliance and quality standards
- A commitment to punctuality and reliability, showing up to shifts on time and ready to work
The Details You’ll Loave:
- $18.50 starting wage
- Healthy and frequent raises
- Medical & Dental benefits including Life Insurance after 3 months, if you work at least 30 hours per week
- Access to complimentary "staff bread" to take home
- Opportunity for advancement
- Bi-Weekly Cell Phone Allowance
- Bi-Annual Footwear Allowance
- Paid Training
- Uniforms Provided
Our Values and What We Expect From Our Breadhead Team Members:
- We are committed to operating in a safety-first environment.
- We are committed to providing a positive work environment.
- We are committed to being a part of Portofino’s future growth and company goals.
- We are committed every day to making and delivering products we can be proud of.
- We listen and value input from everybody– we have open doors at Portofino Bakery.
- We use the golden rule and treat each other with respect, even when our opinions differ.
- We overcome challenges together as a team, we are stronger together.
- We do not take shortcuts; we do things right.
- We believe making the best products with better ingredients matters a lot.
- We believe in continuous product innovation and getting people excited about baked goods.
At Portofino Bakery, we believe that diversity of experience, opinion and background is fundamental to our future growth. We believe success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment where people from various backgrounds can work productively together. Portofino Bakery is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.