Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Site Manager for the Victoria International Airport. The primary responsibility of the Site Manager is to provide for all aspects and oversight of the delivery and provision of Security Services to the Victoria Airport Authority and to ensure full compliance with all regulatory requirements. The Site Manager must be licensed by the Province of British Columbia as a registered Security Guard and must maintain the license for the duration of the Contract. This is a permanent fulltime position and the details are below.
- Monday to Friday 0800 to 1600 hours
- On call / Recall Status: 24/7
Duties and Responsibilities
Site Manager duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- To provide for all aspects and oversight of the delivery and provision of Security Services to the Airport Authority;
- To accept after-hours' phone calls and be the site security officers' first point of escalation within Paladin Security, if needed.
- To ensure full compliance with all regulatory requirements, policies and directives;
- To organize, motivate and direct the Security Services team including HR management, scheduling and time sheets;
- To be the liaison between the client and service provider, in particular the YYJ Security Operations/AVSEC;
- To create and enforce Standard Operating Procedures, Operations Orders and Contingency Plans;
- To create strategic planning, creating a vision for the future by anticipating future needs in concert with the Airport Authority;
- To introduce value-added service initiatives and key performance indicators;
- To participate in airport security meetings and any other working groups / committees established to address any specific needs.
- To fully implement and maintain both the Paladin Security OH&S Program and align with standards set by the Airport Authority. To ensure all accidents are reported in a timely manner, and to attend OH&S meetings with Airport Authority and Paladin Management.
- To ensure all staff meet required standards of training and experience, and to provide corrective action and remedial training where necessary.
- Ensure all reports are completed and each Officer submits complete and accurate daily reports and incident reports. Follow up with inaccuracies or omissions. Review all site Incident Reports and escalate incidents as required.
- Perform other duties as required and/or requested.
- Completion of Advanced Security Training as provided by the Justice Institute of British Columbia
- Must currently possess or be able obtain a Transport Canada Security Clearance within 6 months of starting this position
- Must have successfully completed CPR/AED training
- Must have successfully obtained AVSEC certification and renew it on an annual basis
- Criminal record check with no record of consequence
- High standard of security awareness
- Expert knowledge of
- Airport security rules, practices and procedures
- Airport security, access control, police and fire communications operations
- Federal laws and TCCA regulations
- Geographical layout of airport's airside and landside facilities
Leadership Requirements and Responsibilities
- 5 years of experience in security work within the aviation industry, of which 3 years are in a supervisory role which includes managing airport security teams of 25-30 staff (Shift Supervisors, Patrollers and SOC Operators) over extended periods of time;
- Astute business relationship manager;
- Excellent team performer;
- Open and engaging with wide variety of people from different cultures;
- Operates well under stress;
- Personally accountable and responsible;
- Always seeking to improve.
Technical Requirements and Responsibilities
- Two-Way Radio Training
- Operating requirements (e.g. on & off, selecting talk groups)Understanding and use of Phonetic Alphabet and Numbers
- Understanding and use of standard radio phraseology
- Sending and receiving transmissions
- Advanced Computer Training
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Winteam Scheduling Software
- Tracktik Patrol Verification Technology
- Basic Incident Report Software (Vortex)
Driving Requirements and Responsibilities
- Must possess valid B.C. Class 5 driver's license.
- Must obtain AVOP DA license for YYJ within first month of assignment
- Must obtain AVOP D license for YYJ within 3 months of assignment
- Successful Proponent is responsible for verifying validity of licenses on an annual basis
Communication Requirements and Responsibilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills:
- English (mandatory)
- French (preferred)
- Strong level of physical fitness; must be able to:
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time and to climb stairs and access multi-level facilities to patrol airfield areas, ATB and facilities;
- Exert muscle force and use appropriate control holds to apprehend, subdue and restrain individuals;
- Run and purse suspects on foot, and to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds;
- Ability to use security equipment including handcuffs, and to wear leather gear and associated equipment weighing up to 25 pounds for extended periods of time.
- Must work in airport environment, both inside and landside areas.
- Inside: exposure to fumes and noise.
- Outside Exposure to all weather conditions, fuel fumes, aircraft noise and construction dust.
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Sick Days
This job reports to the Director, Vancouver Island
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1