Located 6858 Veyaness Road, Saanichton BC
Who We Are:
We believe people should never settle for boring baked goods, ever.
We are Portofino Bakery, one of British Columbia’s fastest-growing bakeries, serving an increasing network of local grocery and foodservice customers across Western Canada.
Portofino Bakery was founded over 15 years ago in Victoria, BC with the mission to provide better artisan bread to the local community in Victoria. Today, we have over 175 team members, 3 facilities and are continuing our mission to enrich the lives of our customers with better every baked goods.
Portofino Bakery is part of Bond Bakery Brands, a stakeholder-focused investment platform started by three friends, and includes Pace Processing & Product Development, Holy Napoli and Coco Bakery. Together, we are building better bakeries.
The Bread and Butter of the Position:
If you have strong relationship skills, previous sales experience, enjoy achieving business metrics and a passion for artisan style baked goods, our Vancouver Island Key Accounts Specialist may be your next career move! Our Key Accounts Specialist is responsible for ensuring the success of Portofino Bakery on Vancouver Island largely through relationship management and eventually through sales development.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, Vancouver Island Key Accounts Specialist is responsible for:
- Building and strengthening client relationships
- Maintaining accurate client records, keeping track of any contract updates and renewals
- Working with the sales team and other internal teams to develop strategic marketing plans to ensure key performance indicators (KPIs) are being met
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of our products and service offerings to better upsell and cross-sell to clients
- Demonstrating an entrepreneurial spirit regularly seeking ways to improve and grow the Portofino business to keep our clients satisfied and deliver the highest quality products
- Primarily focusing on managing key guaranteed sale accounts
- Taking inquiries and requests from customers and addressing their needs
- Staying on top of accounts, making sure they’re receiving services that are within their budget and meeting their needs
- Meeting regularly with other departments and team members to discuss progress and find new ways to improve the business
- Generating progress reports to give to clients and senior leadership within the organization
- Identifying upsell, cross-sell, and renewal opportunities and communicating with the sales team regularly
- Providing support to Sales Operations Manager as required
- Special projects as assigned
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned
Shifts and availability:
- 8 hour shifts.
- This position operates Monday - Friday.
- This is a full-time permanent position.
The Ingredients You Bring to the Table:
- 5 or more years of sales experience, preferably in the food industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Effective time management skills in a fast paced, changing environment
- The ability to multitask, juggling several responsibilities simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- A commitment to upholding company policies, compliance and quality standards
- A willingness to learn and grow
- A willingness to be agile and manage ambiguity
The Details You’ll Loave:
- Starting annual salary TBD depending on years of experience
- Healthy and frequent raises
- Medical & Dental benefits including Life Insurance after 6 months, if you work at least 30 hours per week
- Access to complimentary "staff bread" to take home
- Opportunity for advancement
Our Values and What We Expect From Our Breadhead Team Members:
- We are committed to operating in a safety-first environment.
- We are committed to providing a positive work environment.
- We are committed to being a part of Portofino’s future growth and company goals.
- We are committed every day to making and delivering products we can be proud of.
- We listen and value input from everybody– we have open doors at Portofino Bakery.
- We use the golden rule and treat each other with respect, even when our opinions differ.
- We overcome challenges together as a team, we are stronger together.
- We do not take shortcuts; we do things right.
- We believe making the best products with better ingredients matters a lot.
- We believe in continuous product innovation and getting people excited about baked goods.
At Portofino Bakery, we believe that diversity of experience, opinion and background is fundamental to our future growth. We believe success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment where people from various backgrounds can work productively together. Portofino Bakery is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.