About Scansa Construction Ltd.
Scansa Construction Ltd. (Scansa) has been a Langford, BC based business since 1983. We provide a wide range of general contracting and project management services such as commercial, institutional, and residential construction, as well as concrete formwork, earthworks and excavation, and civil infrastructures.
About the Opportunity
We have an opportunity for a Traffic Control Person (TCP) to join our team in Victoria, BC.
With Scansa's industry-leading training and mentorship, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Setting up and executing effective traffic management plans
- Controlling traffic flow through construction zones, while following all regulatory guidelines
- Ensuring the health & safety of everyone working on the construction project, as well as the public
- Giving precise traffic control hand signals and directions to prevent any miscommunications
- Directing and monitoring traffic to ensure that it is moving safely and efficiently through the construction zone
- Communicating with construction workers and other personnel to coordinate traffic control efforts
- Assisting pedestrians in crossing the street safely
- Responding to emergencies and incidents as needed
- Adhering to all relevant traffic laws and regulations
To qualify, you must possess a valid Traffic Control Person (TCP) certification, from BC Construction Safety Association (BCCSA). We also require a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License. Previous experience within the construction industry is an asset.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of the team, you will receive a competitive hourly wage of $22-25, negotiable on knowledge, skills, and experience within the construction industry, along with a wide range of benefits including:
- Consistent, full-time, and all-year round work with long-term projects in Victoria, BC
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with a life insurance policy
- Safety allowance
- RRSP matching
- Valuable training and mentorship from our amazing team