Closing date: May 26, 2022
Technical Support Analyst (Continuous)
Information Technology Department
The City of Victoria is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Technical Support Analyst to join our Service Desk Team. Service Desk works closely with all stakeholders as the single point of contact for City staff for all information technology support and requests. The successful applicant will enjoy being a member of an exciting and diverse groups of professionals, dedicated to providing a great user experience to all staff. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment and loves taking on a range of complex activities and tasks. This position reports to the Information Technology Support Supervisor.
Install, maintain and upgrade personal computer software and hardware and provide technical support and training for users.
Provide support to staff on the application of various software programs; answer enquiries and solve software and hardware related problems; evaluate staff needs and make recommendations on hardware purchases, equipment allocations and software requirements. Research and report on technologies.
Analyze and make recommendations on personal computer training requirements.
- Develop and present classroom training programs on the use and application of software
- Collect statistical data and prepare reports and documentation
- Maintain accurate records
- Purchase, install, maintain and configure hardware and software
- support hardware on a network
- Support telephone hardware and software
- Install, maintain and administer network systems including installation, setup, maintenance, training and support
- Administer enterprise management software
- Set up and maintain wireless network access
- Ensure uniformity of standards for hardware and software programs
- Communicate technical information to client group, co-workers and contractors
- Act as team lead or provide assistance to projects as required
- Provide set up, advice and assistance with web pages for end users.
- Perform related duties where qualified.
- Work is generated by requests for service or assigned by supervisor.
- Work is reviewed upon completion.
- Issues such as misuse of equipment or software and hardware purchases are referred to supervisor.
- Sit with arms unsupported while keyboarding. (often)
- Lift and move medium weight computer equipment. (rare)
- Short periods of intense concentration while solving user problems or configuring systems. (Often)
- Focus on printed material and computer for short periods. (frequent)
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Understand and apply the techniques of computer hardware, software, and network operating systems.
- Advanced level operation of current City hardware and software.
- Design, plan and implement local area network systems.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to user departments.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner.
Formal Education, Training and Occupational Certification:
- Diploma in Computer Science or Microcomputer technology. (2 years)
- Required to obtain criminal record check.
- Required to sign attestation of confidentiality.
- 4 years of related experience
- or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
May be requested to substitute in a more senior position.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 35 hour work week
$43.20 per hour, Pay Grade 14
Job Code #4153
This is a CUPE Local 50 Position
To apply for this opportunity you will need to create an online profile or log back in to our career portal at www.victoria.ca/jobs - only online submission will be considered. All applications must be submitted online by 4:30 pm on the closing date noted on the posting. Please be prepared to provide proof of qualifications and supporting materials as outlined in your resume.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Applicants who are not current City of Victoria employees will be asked to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 during the recruitment process. External applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated based on a protected legal ground as defined in the BC Human Rights Code may request an accommodation.
At the City of Victoria, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.
To apply please email us at email@example.com.