BC Public ServiceVictoria4 months ago
Salary range: $71,298.93 - $81,387.14 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
An excellent opportunity to apply your analytical expertise
On behalf of the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Enterprise Services Division enables Government to deliver services to citizens by providing high quality, secure and cost-effective information management and technology services. These services are essential for providing mission-critical supports to all government ministries, broader public sector clients, and Crown corporations as they deliver their services to other ministries and citizens.
The Service Management Branch within OCIO ensures the right IT service management processes, people and technology are in place so that the organization can meet its business goals. The Branch focuses on 4 distinct areas, each accountable for cross government processes and the tools required to support them: Client Services, Order Management, IT Incident/Change/Problem Management and organizational Business Continuity.
The Service Management Transformation Project (SMTP) is a multi-year transformation of IT service management operations to improve our customer experience, decrease the time and cost to deliver IT services, and improve information for ministry decision making. The vision for OCIO Service Management is to ensure a superior customer experience and contribute to the success of government programs by transforming IT service operations based on the cloud-based ServiceNow platform.
This position is part of our talented, dynamic operations team and will lead and coordinate application development teams in the application development lifecycle and in planning, designing, developing, testing, enhancing, and maintaining our complex ServiceNow environment; multiple platforms, environments, and technologies requiring integration of new and legacy systems.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Computer Science or related discipline OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- 3 or more years of related experience as described below:
- Experience in a broad number of application development tools, preferably in one or more SaaS application tools.
- Experience using an Agile/iterative approach to software development.
- Experience with Release Management and IT Change Management processes in an enterprise application environment.
- Experience participating in project teams including application developers, business area users and technical resources.
Preference may be given to applicants who have experience with the following:
- Experience programming in a complex rules-based environment.
- Experience designing and configuring ITSM solutions, ideally based on ServiceNow.
- Experience configuring or customizing SaaS or PaaS applications by programming using the native platform toolset.
- Experience leading or participating on ITSM/ITIL based projects.
- Experience with AngularJS, PowerShell, SQL, and REST APIs.