We are looking for enthusiastic service staff to join our Brewery team! As ambassadors of Vancouver Island Brewing, our Taproom servers are the first point of contact for our local patrons and visitors. Our ideal candidates are service-focused, professional, and are passionate about the Craft Beer industry.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome, serve and provide excellent service to our customers and visitors.
- Serve beers and snacks while providing product education to customers on our premium craft beer products. Fill growlers and assist customers with private keg sales.
- Perform customer transactions using a Point of Sale (POS) System.
- Perform opening and closing duties (cash management, inventory, sanitization, etc.).
- Adhere to Serving It Right and LCLB licensing regulation.
- Maintain inventory stock levels of beer products and retail merchandise.
- Quality Control: daily tap system checks, regular cleaning, and stock rotation.
- Provide guided tours of the brewery to small groups as required.
- Provide occasional support at craft beer events, festivals and during other promotional tastings.
- Opportunity for additional shifts assisting the production team on the packing line.
- Other duties as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Must be Serving It Right certified. Foodsafe certification is an asset.
- Must have customer service experience. Former bartending/serving experience is an asset.
- Must have cash management and POS (Point of Sale) experience.
- Passionate about craft beer. Beer education and/or certification is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain high levels of customer service in a fast-paced environment and while managing multiple priorities/multi-tasking.
- Ability to routinely and repetitively lift at least 50lbs.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested in joining our awesome brew crew? If so, please click Apply Now to submit your resume. Please state your preference for casual or part-time and your available start date. Indicate in the subject line of your email/cover letter that you are applying for our Taproom Crew.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Vancouver Island Brewing is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and retention of a diverse workforce. All individuals are treated fairly with respect to gender, race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, religion, marital status, same sex partnership status, family status or disability.