University of VictoriaVictoriaa month ago
University Systems (http://www.uvic.ca/systems/) serves a diverse client base including students, faculty and world-renowned researchers. We consist of three major units: Academic & Administrative Services, Infrastructure Services, and UVic Online, all working together to provide computing, communications and technology in support of the university’s learning, teaching, research and administrative activities. We support high profile research projects like VENUS, NEPTUNE and ATLAS and work as part of the BCNET consortium. We exist in a complex work environment where we must effectively navigate complex, cutting edge and ever-changing technology, and information security and privacy issues in order to be the best information systems organization in the Canadian university system.
The UVic Online department within University Systems at the University of Victoria plays a pivotal role in implementing new enterprise-wide software systems, continuously improving existing systems, and providing University-wide data stewardship. We are a dynamic team which continues to implement exciting and powerful software systems — systems which have enabled UVic to become one of the most technologically advanced and well integrated universities in North America.
Reporting to the Manager, Production & Technical Support, UVic Online, within University Systems, the Systems Analyst will contribute as part of a team to the Tier 2 technical support of the University of Victoria’s central administrative database environments and software systems, which must be available on essentially a 7×24 basis. Duties include liaison with customers, software developers, system administrators, operations staff, vendor partners and management to facilitate the information gathering, analysis, diagnosis, solution design, and remediation of information system issues. Systems may include business applications, interfaces, reports, tools, customizations and workflows.
Bachelor’s degree in a computer science discipline with an emphasis on modern programming practice and broad exposure to systems analysis and relational database methodologies and web technologies and at least 3 years of experience.
Experience must include:
- SQL, PL/SQL and the Oracle suite of tools
- Supported technologies and programming languages, including: Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, APEX. Microsoft SQL server, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3, Java, PHP, and automation scripting
- Navigating administrative business processes and procedures
- Identity and Access management systems and processes
- Enterprise software support and application administration
Equivalent combinations of training, education and/or experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to knowledge of and/or experience working in a post-secondary or similarly large and complex organization and/or knowledge of and/or experience working with University business applications, including: Ellucian Banner, Workflow, BDM. Cascade CMS, Blackboard Transact, uPortal, CAS, Moodle, SAS, LDAP
In addition, this position requires:
- Ability to be an enthusiastic and resourceful team member, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) in order to interact effectively with colleagues, staff and vendors in a client-oriented environment;
- Ability to write coherent technical and user documentation;
- Ability to successfully contribute to complex projects;
- Ability to problem solve effectively;
- Willingness and ability to acquire new computing and other related skills independently;
- Ability to work in an effective and organized manner in a complex environment;
- Self-motivated with initiative and the ability to participate in team activities;
- Proficiency in supporting enterprise wide applications; and,
University Systems’ Values are: Teamwork, Customer Satisfaction, Communication & Information Sharing, Continuous Learning, Improvement Coaching and Mentoring, Balance Home and Work, Accountability.