Support Technician, Online and Deskside - (2021-064)
BC TransitVictoria, BC2 months ago
Support Technician, Online and Deskside
Victoria - Victoria, BC V8W 9T5 CA (Primary)
Closing Date: May/2/2021
Salary Grade: $5,571.00 - $6,700.00 ( MoveUp - Group 9 - With TMA )
Rate Basis: Monthly
Job Type: Full-time Regular
Hours per week: 37.5
We love that our head office is in Victoria and we bet you do too!
We are thrilled you’ve decided to explore a career with us. As a crown corporation and recognized Top Employer in BC, BC Transit is British Columbia's provincial transit authority responsible for transporting 58 million passengers every year, operating 88 transit systems in 130 communities across British Columbia (outside of Greater Vancouver).
We’re passionate about helping to reduce congestion in our communities and bringing innovation to public transportation wherever we can including electrifying our fleet, introducing new bus lanes between Colwood and Downtown and exploring mobile payment options, to name just a few.
It’s an exciting time to be in the transit industry and we’re looking for creative and passionate people to join our team. Not only would you be joining an engaged organization but you’d also get to enjoy flexible work arrangements, extended benefits and a pension plan as just a few of the benefits BC Transit employees are eligible for. Keep reading to find out if this role is meant for you!
What will you do?
As the successful candidate, you will handle a variety of functions to ensure the effective, efficient performance and use of the organization’s computer network and maintain responsibility for corporate-wide users as well as external partners with access to corporate systems. You will be responsible for the lifecycle of user accounts, computers, mobile devices and peripherals in a diverse stack of enterprise and line of business applications and tools. You will maintain the user authorization for multiple systems and the effective operation of a variety of digital tools.
You’ll specifically have the opportunity to:
- Create and maintain user accounts in Active Directory including security groups that access resources, mailbox delegations and distribution lists using a diverse set of tools and technology
- Act as first-level contact for BC Transit desktop users with respect to computer problems, questions and requests; Regularly monitor a queue to adjust priorities, due dates and issue types based on documented standards. Report when a Request does not comply with standards
- Troubleshoot and resolve user and desktop problems and assist users in the diagnosis and resolution of a wide variety of hardware and software problems; installing, maintaining and deploying BC Transit workstations and other electronic devices (network and stand-alone)
- Build, configure and install desktop systems according to BC Transit guidelines, ensuring that they function correctly and are connected to the network
- Maintain file and folder permissions, security groups, network shares, etc and escalate when exceptions are detected
- Create and maintain user accounts in BC Transit’s enterprise and line of business applications
What education will you need to be successful?
We love lifelong Learners and recommend the following mix of education or certifications to be successful in conjunction with relevant experience:
- Diploma in Computer Systems or an IT related discipline plus 3 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- ITIL training would be an asset
- Agile training would be an asset
- Lean training would be an asset
To view the full job description for this role please see the attached.
- May need to attend in person at any of the corporate sites in the Greater Victoria area.
- This position may be required to work non-standard hours to implement changes
- May be asked to adjust work schedule to provide coverage as part of the team’s support hours – 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday excluding statutory holidays
- Possession of a valid BC class 5 driver’s license
- The position requires the competition of a Criminal Record Check Or Vulnerable Sector Search
- Testing and assessments may be included as part of the recruitment process
- An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies
- If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you
BC Transit Offers
- Life Insurance
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Vacation (based on the terms outlined in the appropriate collective agreement or exempt policy handbook)
- Extended Health Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Health and Wellness Spending account
- Employee fitness centre, at both the Victoria and Langford depots (not currently open due to COVID-19)
- A complimentary BC Transit bus pass, plus taxable dependant passes
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Social Club
- Employee Recognition Program – Recognizing Excellent Values (REV)
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.