Location: Victoria, BC
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Salary: MoveUp Group 07, MIN $4,335.00 - MAX $5,203.00
Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 06/08/2022
Are we right for you...
We’re passionate about people and creating sustainable, safe and affordable solutions to BC. We are an organization that has a People First approach and considers people first in every business decision that we make. We are part of the solution and what we do matters; from fighting climate change with battery electric buses, to affordability through cost effective transportation, to connecting remote communities, we bring the heart, soul and innovation to public transportation.
It’s an exciting time to be in the transit industry and we’re looking for creative and passionate people to join our team. Not only would you be joining an engaged organization but you’d also get to enjoy flexible work arrangements, extended benefits and a pension plan as just a few of the benefits BC Transit employees are eligible for. Keep reading to find out if this role is meant for you!
What you'll be doing...
Reporting to the Director of Safety and Emergency Management, the Support Services Administrator provides clerical and administrative support to the areas of corporate security, investigations, safety, training, occupational health, employee wellness and business continuity. This role works in a fast-paced environment where detail is paramount to the success of the team. This department works closely with all areas of BC Transit and requires an individual who is well organized, customer focused and flexible. Safety is a core value of BC Transit, and is therefore an attitude and reflection in all the work that this person performs and in all the personal interactions, they have. Detail is key in this position as is stakeholder relationships. This department works with regional transit properties outside of Victoria and with the rest of the corporate company in Victoria. As a result, the Safety & Emergency Management team relies heavily on this role to prioritize and organize the changing demands that calls upon our team frequently.
To review the full job description, please click here.
What you'll bring to the table...
A general academic background equivalent to high school graduation, including or supplemented by training in word processing, spreadsheet and database software, office procedures and business correspondence. Additional courses in claims management.
This position requires a minimum of 1.5 years of previous administrative experience at an intermediate level in a office environment. This position requires proficiency in the development and manipulation of databases, word processing, statistical report preparation and sound organizational skills. Experience with ICBC insurance, WCB investigation procedures and BC Transit regional operating systems in preferred. Experience with “Incident Management Software” Perspective by Resolver, Trapeze and TrackiT database systems would be considered an asset.
What we'll bring to the table...
- Comprehensive heath and dental benefits to support you and your family, regardless of what life throws at you
- Membership in a “Gold Plated” defined benefit pension plan, meaning it’s the best in the Province and one of the best in the country; putting you in a strong position when it comes time to retirement
- Access to Fitness and Lifestyle Centers to help you take care of your physical fitness and health
- Various programs that support employees such as an Employee Assistance Program and Health and Wellness initiatives and events aimed at fostering your mental health
- A complimentary employee Bus Pass (plus taxable dependent passes)
- A Corporate Learning and Development Program to help you in continuous career growth
- An Employee Recognition Program where we all recognize each other successes (not just your Leaders!)
- A Social Club that gives you access to events throughout Victoria
What next steps could look like...
- Interviews will take place between June 20th to 21st, 2022.
- The position requires the competition of a Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Search.
- An eligibility list may be established to fill future Full Time Regular or Full Time Temporary vacancies.
- Testing and assessments may be included as part of the recruitment process.
- If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
To keep our team members, customers and the communities we serve safe, we have introduced an interim Employee Mandatory Vaccination Policy intended to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. BC Transit requires proof of being fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Please be aware that your appointment to this position is conditional on meeting and maintaining the definition of being "fully vaccinated" as per the definition of Health Canada. Any employee providing false or misleading information, may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.