Support and Account Manager
RooofVictoria, BC9 days ago
At Rooof, we build innovative automation software for the multifamily real estate industry. That said, we’re even more proud of the team that we’ve built. We're highly collaborative and we’re very good at innovating, forming lasting partnerships, and turning customers into evangelists! Our core value of ‘Quality of Life’ guides the experience of our customers and employees alike, and our team means the world to us. Rooof has a diverse and distributed workforce so an inclusive perspective is paramount to our culture. We’ve been growing rapidly and need a Customer Support and Account Manager who brings previous experience in customer service, a passion for the profession of client success, and exceptional communication skills.
We’re a tech company that deals in B2B sales, so this position is well suited to someone who excels at leading with a customer-centric mindset, while leveraging data and technology to create effective workflows. At the heart of this role is the principle of ‘service’ so a positive, solutions-driven attitude will set you up for success!
This is a full-time position that is open to both Local (Victoria, British Columbia) and Remote candidates. The standard hours for this position are 9:00am to 5:00pm Eastern Time; to provide coverage for our East coast customers.
What does your day look like?
- Collaborate with the Customer Support, Sales, Engineering and Marketing teams to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Ensure that all support needs of our customers are met in a timely and empathetic manner, while keeping the customer’s needs at the forefront of every interaction
- Troubleshoot issues with clients and opportunities within our internal team; triage/delegate to appropriate individual if necessary
- Manage customer ticket pipeline within our customer service platform, with an emphasis on timely responses to requests (oldest to most recent + within 24 hours)
- Provide input on decisions regarding support for the company
- Respond to all general help tickets, across all mediums (phone, email, system, platform)
- Respond to any tickets in personal assigned folder
- Answer incoming phone calls to support line
- Check Spam folder daily
- Check Leads folder daily
- Act as a liaison between clients and engineering
- Assist in developing or updating support material, including help documents
- Maintain data within our CRM, our invoicing system, and other Rooof systems
- Maintain clean inbox by following up on pending or outstanding tickets
- Drive retention and growth by measuring and demonstrating the value that we bring to our customers so that their purchase decision is reinforced
- Proactive client outreach to customers, to maintain great relationship standing and ensure world-class customer experience
- Solicit feedback and new ideas from our customers to strengthen and diversify the value that we deliver
- Onboard new properties in internal systems
- Process cancellations in internal systems
- Arrange and perform support calls with customers, which aim to provide in the moment training
- Schedule and host training sessions with groups of new customers, as needed
- Regularly ensuring that training needs are met for each management company within the assigned portfolio
- Educate clients on our best practices
- Maintain training materials to ensure they are up to date, relevant and high-quality
Who are you?
- You are detail-oriented
- You are an expert at prioritizing with minimal guidance
- You can handle many ongoing projects at once – you will always have 10 things waiting for you, 10 things to follow-up on, and 10 things that you are actively working on
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and enjoy being busy
- You prefer it done right, not necessarily right now
- You have exceptional problem-solving abilities and you don't give up
- You have excellent written and verbal skills
- You are customer-focused and you strive to create evangelists
- You are patient and understanding when communicating with people who may be frustrated or uncomfortable with learning new things
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, browser extensions, and have a strong working knowledge of how to use a computer. This position doesn’t require a computer science degree, but you do need to be very comfortable on a computer, and with various software
- You have an education that demonstrates core principles in the field and a clear ability to learn and deliver excellence
- Previous experience in any customer service role is beneficial (even your first job in high school)
What success looks like?
We pride ourselves on providing world-class customer support. Whether you are supporting a decision-maker or an end-user, our responses to our clients are quick, thorough, and provide solutions. Therefore, success in this position is directly measured by customer retention and growth, as well as performance when responding to support tickets. Here are a couple of examples of the situations you may deal with, and our expected path to successful resolution:
- A support ticket comes in, but it’s somewhat vague. It just says “My Rooof isn’t working!” Using the tools that we provide you, you’re able to decode what the client meant. You then work with one of our engineers to fix the problem and reply to the client with instructions, in a timely and supportive manner. The client then gives you a “great rating!”
- A decision-maker from a smaller property management company needs to onboard a new property. You collect the necessary information and connect with the engineering team to get the technical side ready. Once background setup is complete, you notify the decision-maker and send the property installation information and training details.
Compensation and Rewards – just in case fun people and great products aren't enough!
- We offer competitive, fair and equitable compensation packages, based on experience
- Fully-paid health, dental, vision, and other benefits for you and your family, including an Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP matching program
- Three weeks of paid vacation to start
- Bonus vacation December 26-31 (certain customer facing roles take turns on-call during this period to ensure the best possible customer experience)
- Paid sick time-off
- Corporate social responsibility program, allowing employees a budget to donate to a charitable initiative they are passionate about
- Dog friendly office!
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness allowance
Where does this go?
We've got exciting times ahead for us as we look to take the business to new heights by expanding our products, services and people programs. Employee growth is a top priority for us so each Rooofer can expect opportunities for accelerated personal and professional growth as we advance the business together.
Rooof is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and for taking the time to apply to Rooof.