Supervisor, Maintenance Services
BC TransitVictoria, BC7 days ago
Supervisor, Maintenance Services
Location: Victoria - Victoria, BC V8W 9T5 CA (Primary)
Closing Date: June/20/2021
Salary Grade: $79,500.00 - $107,600.00 ( Exempt Band 4 )
Placement in the salary range is determined by an assessment of knowledge, skills, experience and ability of the candidate to meet the key requirements of the job. In addition, our pay philosophy is to align with the median of the range and be considerate of internal equity comparisons.
Rate Basis: Annually
Job Type: Full-time Regular
Hours per Week: 40
We love that our head office is in Victoria and we bet you do too!
We are thrilled you’ve decided to explore a career with us. As a crown corporation and recognized Top Employer in BC, BC Transit is British Columbia's provincial transit authority responsible for transporting 58 million passengers every year, operating 88 transit systems in 130 communities across British Columbia (outside of Greater Vancouver).
We’re passionate about helping to reduce congestion in our communities and bringing innovation to public transportation wherever we can including electrifying our fleet, introducing new bus lanes between Colwood and Downtown and exploring mobile payment options, to name just a few.
It’s an exciting time to be in the transit industry and we’re looking for creative and passionate people to join our team. Not only would you be joining an engaged organization but you’d also get to enjoy flexible work arrangements, extended benefits and a pension plan as just a few of the benefits BC Transit employees are eligible for. Keep reading to find out if this role is meant for you!
What you’ll be doing…
We are looking for someone to supervise our maintenance services team that supports BC Transit’s operations and lead transit-oriented development on behalf of BC Transit. You will be responsible for supervising our skilled and unskilled trades who are responsible for all of the repair and maintenance activities of our fleet of buses as well as facilities within the Victoria Regional Transit System (VRTS).
You are a proven team player with excellent conflict resolution skills who has demonstrated experience managing a team within a fast-paced environment. You are a Certified Tradesperson or have a background in fleet maintenance with a keen understanding of preventative maintenance/mechanical practices.
You are also somebody who is comfortable leading a team with minimal supervision beyond yourself as this is position is currently a Wednesday – Saturday, 4pm – 2:30am shift (40 hours per week). Given that this is an evening shift, you are eligible for shift premiums for any weekend or evening shift worked. This position is currently based out of our Victoria Transit Center (VTC) and will be part of a team of 8 Supervisors. Four at LTC and 4 at VTC.
Some specifics include…
- Oversees and actively supervises a team of maintenance and facilities staff
- Supports the planning and scheduling of work and shift scheduling
- Ensures maximum availability of revenue vehicles in a clean, safe and roadworthy condition
- Ensures efficient day-to-day operation of the workshop
- Ensures all work activities are performed in adherence to WorkSafe BC standards
- Actively monitors status of all work orders incl. repair durations and diligently works to reduce down equipment
- Ensures all work performed is approved, accurate and documented within BC Transit's EAM system
- Oversees, monitors and follows up on any unplanned environmental releases
- Ensures depot maintenance activities complies to all relevant BC Transit policies, standards as well as Provincial regulatory bodies
- Supports the Chargehand with all breakdown calls.
- Participates in planning, acquisition and commissioning of new diagnostic or other shop equipment
- Provides input to the overall component specifications and maintenance considerations of new buses and prepares applicable recommendations for management review
- Establishes and supports work and experience programs for apprenticeship tradespersons and new employees
- Understands and supports key performance indicators, based on industry best practices and communicates progress to workers
- Participates in workplace, task or hazard risk assessments and participates in incident investigation or response teams as required
- Performs related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Supervisory Skills: Someone who has previously managed a team and knows how to have those tough accountability conversations
- Communication Skills: Interpersonal communication skills to build and maintain effective team relationships
- People Skills: Conflict resolution, emotional intelligence, ability to supervise and motivate
- Knowledge of facilities infrastructure and tooling
- Previous work in a union environment and understanding of collective agreements
- Workforce Planning and Shift Coordination skills
- Basic knowledge of predictive maintenance utilizing oil and vibration analysis as well as NDT
- Comfortable working knowledge of MS Office suite preferred (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience with JDE considered an asset
- Candidates from a Maintenance Technician/Technologist, Certified Tradesperson or a combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Thorough and advanced understanding of CVSE and NSC regulations and requirements with preference for candidate who presently or has held CVIP license
To view the full job description for this role please see the attached.
What we’ll bring to the table…
- Life Insurance
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Vacation (based on the terms outlined in the appropriate collective agreement or exempt policy handbook)
- Extended Health Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Health and Wellness Spending account
- Employee fitness centre, at both the Victoria and Langford depots (not currently open due to COVID-19)
- A complimentary BC Transit bus pass, plus taxable dependent passes
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Social Club
- Employee Recognition Program – Recognizing Excellent Values (REV)
Everything else you need to know…
- Testing will be sent out as part of this competitive process on June 23, 2021
- Interviews will take place on July 12 – 15th, 2021
- Driver’s license is required
- The position requires the competition of a Criminal Record Check Or Vulnerable Sector Search
- Testing and assessments may be included as part of the recruitment process
- An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies
- If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.