Supervisor, IT Portfolio
BC TransitVictoria, BC5 months ago
Location: Victoria - Victoria, BC V8W 9T5 CA (Primary)
Job Title: Supervisor, IT Portfolio
Closing Date: February/14/2021
Salary Grade: $84,600.00 - $114,000.00 ( Exempt Band 5 )
Rate Basis: Annually
Job Type: Full-time Regular
Hours per Week: 37.5
We love that our head office is in Victoria and we bet you do too! We are happy you have decided to explore a career with BC Transit, this is a great city to work and live in. We are passionate about helping reduce congestion in the city and providing a public service to everyone in BC (except for Metro Vancouver). We have innovative new bus lanes being installed from Colwood to Downtown in both directions, real time GPS being installed in the full fleet across the province and we are beginning to explore mobile payment options among other things. It is an exciting time to be in the transit industry and we are looking for fun, creative, passionate people to join our amazing team. Not only would you work with an incredible team, you would also receive great benefits and a pension plan to boot. Keep reading to find out if this role makes you feel excited to come to work each day!
What will you do?
As the successful candidate, you will be an essential member of the IT Portfolio Manager’s team. You will support the IT Portfolio Manager in developing the technology plan, IT demand management processes and requests for funding.
As a Supervisor, you will develop strong relationships with your team and others within the IT division, and support collaboration between the IT division and the rest of the organization.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with:
- Operational Management: To analyze, prioritize, and curate the backlog of project ideas. Actively monitor the status of the projects in the portfolio, both Active projects and projects in the Backlog. Work with IT management on identifying IT resource needs for projects in the Backlog.
- Leadership and Supervision: Provides leadership and guidance to direct reports including but not limited to Project Coordinators, Project Budget Analysts and Change Managers ,overseeing activities such as change management, and project support work; Staffing and supervision responsibilities include worker recruitment, scheduling, training, performance management, coaching and developing, attendance management, workplace safety and monitoring. Provides support to the IT Portfolio Manager
- Strategy & Planning: Responsible for vetting and triaging all new project requests. Assist with forecasting future resource capacity to help with the approval and prioritization processes. Assists in the planning, development and timing of projects in the portfolio, and the strategic alignment of all backlog items. Contributes to the growth of the organizations understanding of technology portfolio management. Identifies and recommends actions on portfolio-related risks, and recommendations to improve the IT portfolio governance and planning capability for the organization by integrating optimal ways of planning and organizing, and monitoring performance. Maintains the technology portfolio ensuring accuracy and integrity, and alignment with the organization’s strategic goals. Helps define and implement portfolio management (IT Project Governance) policies and processes to support fact-based decisions on investments into Information Technology projects.
What education will you need to be successful?
We love lifelong Learners and recommend the following mix of education or certifications to be successful in conjunction with relevant experience:
- Post-Secondary degree in computer science, business or engineering with a technology focus, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) considered an asset
- Portfolio Management Professional Certificate (PMP) considered an asset
To view the full job description for this role please see the attached.
- The position requires the competition of a Criminal Record Check Or Vulnerable Sector Search
- Testing and assessments will be included as part of the recruitment process. Testing will be sent out to selected candidates on February 19 and will be due back on February 22.
- An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies
- If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you
BC Transit Offers
- Life Insurance
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Vacation (based on the terms outlined in the appropriate collective agreement or exempt policy handbook)
- Extended Health Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Health and Wellness Spending account
- Employee fitness centre, at both the Victoria and Langford depots (not currently open due to COVID-19)
- A complimentary BC Transit bus pass, plus taxable dependant passes
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Social Club
- Employee Recognition Program – Recognizing Excellent Values (REV)