Reporting to the Field Manager in the region, the Site Superintendent, is accountable for coordination, administration, and site supervision for construction of the building. They will ensure Bird’s Values and Business objectives are adhered to at site, consistently demonstrate the Bird brand and operate a site where all stakeholders are treated with respect and professionalism.
This position is based in Vancouver, BC.Responsibilities
- Provide safety leadership through implementation of Bird Safety Program and monitoring of safety performance of field staff and subcontractors.
- Provide people leadership through establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with field staff and subcontractors in order to promote positive morale.
- Supervision and development of site team members through regular feedback, training and coaching; timely completion of performance evaluations.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the project schedule.
- Administer contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, site instructions and change notices to ensure scopes, terms and conditions are properly executed.
- Identify and advise of design deficiencies, schedule interruptions or difficulties, and other project issues; works collaboratively with Project Manager to resolve issues.
- Monitor and evaluate subcontractor performance with regards to safety and scope of work.
- Ensure quality of subcontractor workmanship and building material.
- Ensure sufficient manpower is provided to achieve safety, schedule and quality objectives.
- Maintain daily paperwork including field reports, safety inspections, schedule updates, etc.
What We Are Looking For
- Demonstrated, progressive experience in General Contracting as a Superintendent in commercial and institutional construction; direct field supervision of large institutional or commercial projects; P3 and Design Build experience is a plus.
- Trade background in carpentry and/or Gold Seal Certification considered an asset.
- Effective supervision, coordination and scheduling of construction activities to ensure consistent completion of projects on-time, on budget and to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Demonstrated leadership, field management and problem-solving skills support your collaborative approach to delivering results and developing team members.
- Service and results-oriented, you are able to build and steward trust with a broad network of professional colleagues, subcontractors and team members to effect competitive excellence, pride in teamwork and outstanding project delivery.
- You have demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, workforce management, project execution, cost control, quality and administration.
- Proactive problem-solver that can manage difficult situations with positive results.
- Sound knowledge of construction and building techniques and ability to read and interpret contract drawings and specifications.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office including MS Project.