WHO WE ARE
RITUAL offers a modern take on the best spa traditions of Finland. The classic combination of moving through hot elements like sauna and steam rooms, then into icy water and cool fresh air, is a time-tested way to improve overall health with countless benefits.
Located in downtown Victoria, RITUAL offers a friendly and accessible spa experience for everyone. Guests and members come for our Nordic Circuit, private sauna suites, or massage, and are warmly welcomed into our space. We’re unfussy, efficiently run, and proud to have introduced a fresh new wellness ritual for Victoria.
After a successful start-up year, we’re looking for an inspiring leader to keep the momentum going. The Spa Manager leads and inspires the RITUAL team, with a focus on creating a meaningful and successful spa environment for staff and guests. Reporting to the CEO the Spa Manager oversees Operations, Team Management, and Guest Experience to ensure systems and processes run smoothly in the background to ensure the guest experience and relaxed vibe are maintained.
Working in collaboration with the RITUAL leadership team and Spa Supervisors, the Spa Manager uses guest feedback and operating reports to surface recommendations and follows through with plans of execution. They are responsible for day-to-day operations, logistics, and vendor communication—truly the eyes and ears of the spa, ready to take on new challenges that arise.
As the dedicated “people person” of RITUAL, the Spa Manager tends to all aspects of HR performance management, guiding our team of Spa Supervisors, Coordinators, Nordic Hosts and massage providers. They use their people skills on the guest side of business as well, responding to visitors and our amazing Cold Plunge Club members, to deliver the highest level of guest service.
- Implementing, Evaluating, and continually improving standards of operation for the spa
- Upholding the highest standards in health and safety in all spa areas and operations
- Making recommendations for capital investment, product lines, and new revenue streams
- Reviewing daily business levels, anticipating demands, and executing on action plans
- Establishing and meeting financial goals and budget
- Guiding retail buying and inventory planning
- Providing monthly reports on the performance of RITUAL
- Performing general management tasks and administrative duties, such as inventory, storage, equipment maintenance, team schedule, payroll, as well as front desk shifts to stay current
- Managing the risk assessment process and contingency plan of the spa and making recommendations to improve the safety of both employees and guests
- Managing all spa activities in accordance with approved budgets
- Overseeing performance of all staff and executing people-related tasks (eg. recruitment, training, 1-to-1 meetings, retention planning)
- Overseeing employee scheduling to ensure spa is adequately staffed
- Building a strong team culture and motivating staff to achieve goals
- Coordinating with contractors (massage therapists, massage providers, etc.) to ensure service availability and the highest level of guest experience
- Reevaluate guest experience quarterly and suggest improvements
- 3-5 years of Spa Management experience or equivalent
- Previous experience in people management or HR and knowledge of employment standards and best practices for recruiting, performance management, and employee exits
- Experience in financial planning and budget management
- Familiarity with retail management
- Would consider previous experience with gyms, lodges, hotels, clinics, yoga studios or other hospitality and wellness facilities a bonus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Bias to action and ability to execute independently on plans
- Takes initiative and follows through on projects
- Excellent time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A self-identified “people person” who is approachable, friendly, and reliable
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line RITUAL Spa Manager’. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.