Quester Tangent Corporation
Quester Tangent is seeking an experienced documentation specialist for planning, creating, organizing, and releasing technical content and documents, and to enhance the associated tools and processes. The content management role extends to SharePoint-based document management, an internal Wiki maintained by the Engineering department, and software release schedules and milestones.
You will assist with the definition and documentation of new and existing Engineering workflows and processes.
You will work closely with the software development teams, and scrum masters who coordinate software development and testing efforts.
Quester Tangent offers a competitive salary and benefits package, quarterly personal days, and flexible hours.
How you will spend your time:
- Planning, creating and formatting technical information including software application requirements, software release processes, test procedures, and training material
- Implement a content management system to be used by the Engineering department
- Assist the team in enhancing requirements management tools and processes
- Creating, organizing, and curating Wiki content for the Engineering department
- Supporting software release schedules, defect tracking
- Work with product owners, software developers, technical writers and scrum masters to help meet their content management and document generation needs
- Learning and applying industry standards to new and existing documents
What you will need to succeed:
- Ability to effectively convey complex or technical information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to write clear instructions that break a task down into logical steps
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Outlook
Experiences that you help you thrive:
• Experience in writing or editing technical documentation
• Experience using LaTeX or MS Office XML
• Experience or familiarity with requirements management systems
• Experience using Jira
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
In support of a healthy work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.
COVID-19 Update: Strengthening our workforce is the key to meeting our customers’ needs. We continue to hire talented people using safe hiring practices. This includes limiting onsite visitors and prioritizing video interviews. Our on-site protocols have been very effective in keeping our team safe throughout the pandemic.
How to Apply
Reply in confidence to:
Quester Tangent Corporation
Attn: Human Resources
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Sidney, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level