We’re a Seattle-headquartered network security company with solid funding and big ambitions. NetMotion Victoria is the company’s second headquarters and the fastest growing part of the organization. With over 20 people working from the modern downtown offices (albeit largely remotely for the time being), it is one of the core locations for a company with big ambitions.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for an intermediate software developer / generalist who can help evolve our product offering for the cloud. We are migrating an on-prem based product line to a native cloud model and are seeking a developer with Linux experience to augment our team. This is a hands-on position where you will be building what you design and helping to solve some really challenging problems in the distributed systems, networking and security realm. You will be part of a local scrum team as well as help represent Victoria as you collaborate with teams of engineers in our Seattle office.
- Collaborate in the creation of enterprise software as part of a team, using Agile methods
- Develop software that targets mobile and desktop clients, servers and cloud computing with a focus on networking, protocols and security
- Contribute to products that our customers depend upon, ensuring that we maintain the NetMotion tradition of high-quality products and customer satisfaction
- Learn and leverage new database technologies, web development frameworks and machine learning to advance our products
- Perform research, analysis, design, coding, debugging and test automation
- Analyze and debug difficult application, system and device-related problems that can occur in real-world distributed real-time systems we have deployed in the field
- Work proactively with team members and your manager to plan projects, drive decisions and identify risk in key areas of technologies and projects
- Mentor more junior engineers
- Occasional travel to/from Seattle for meetings when permitted
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering
- Product development experience on Linux including scripting, installing, packaging, upgrading and managing deployments of software on Linux
- Conceptual understanding of micro service architectures and multitenant system design and implementation
- Experience developing scalable solutions on Linux in a cloud environment
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent work experience required
- A working knowledge of network authentication and security protocols
- Demonstrated experience as a significant contributor on commercial software product releases
- Self-motivated and able to work remotely and cooperatively in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
Additional consideration given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Proponent of continuous integration, continuous delivery, test-driven development and test automation
- DevOps or DevSecOps experience
- Strong interest and/or experience with containerization and orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Azure cloud services or AKS
- Working knowledge of Splunk
- Good conceptual understanding of HTTPS/TLS
- General understanding of networking standards and protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SAML
- TCP/IP networking experience
Who We Are:
NetMotion provides security solutions for millions of devices deployed around the world, including 7 of the 10 largest airlines, 85% of US public safety agencies, and a variety of other major organizations ranging from utilities and healthcare to logistics and legal sectors. Customers choose the NetMotion platform for its powerful software-defined perimeter (SDP / ZTNA), experience monitoring and mobile-first enterprise VPN functionality. These solutions stand out for their ability to actively improve the employee experience, validated by a satisfaction rating of 97% and an NPS of 91. NetMotion is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in Victoria, Chicago, London, Tokyo, Sydney and Frankfurt.
If you join our team you will be working with talented colleagues who have a passion for industry leading technology. At NetMotion, we want people to enjoy the work that they do so we provide our team members with the tools and support they need to be successful. In addition, we have a collaborative and unpretentious environment where creativity is valued.
Furthermore, you will be part of the inaugural group of people who will form and define the Victoria office for NetMotion Software Canada Ltd.
Why You’ll Love It Here:
- You’ll get to collaborate with smart, passionate people who also just happen to have a great sense of humor
- You’ll be challenged, solving difficult problems that will make a meaningful difference to our customers across a variety of industries, including public safety, transportation, energy, and healthcare
- You’ll be encouraged to experiment with new technology including dogfooding our own products on the latest operating systems and mobile devices
- You’ll be supported and encouraged in your professional development
- You’ll receive a competitive benefits program, fitness allowance, commuter allowance, a Group RRSP plan, and warm cookies on Wednesdays
- You’ll benefit from our flexible work from home policy as well as our considerate vacation/holiday/sick-day allowances
- You’ll be an important and valued contributor in a small company, joining a world class team in downtown Victoria
If you’re an experienced software developer in the Victoria area, then we’d love to hear from you.