Social Worker Assistant
BC Public ServiceVictoria, BC6 months ago
Social Program Officer Assistant
Social Worker Assistant R13
An eligibility list may be established.
An opportunity to make a difference to the lives of BC’s youth
The Ministry of Children and Family Development promotes and develops the capacity of families and communities to care for and protect vulnerable children and youth and supports healthy child and family development to maximize the potential of every child in BC. The Ministry is responsible for regional and province wide delivery of services and programs that support positive and healthy outcomes for children, youth and their families.
In this position you will provide case management assistance and assume limited delegated authority under the Child Family and Community Service Act and the Adoption Act. Key responsibilities include; assisting with the collection of references, collecting interjurisdictional information, assisting with section 96 requests; and the initial screening process of proposed care providers and prospective resource and adoption caregivers. In this position You will work closely with MCFD Social Workers and other staff, community professionals and the Aboriginal Indigenous communities to provide the highest level of service to children/youth and their families while adhering to Ministry’s policies and standards.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Sarah.Gallagher@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. Information and tips about how to complete your job application, including adding or editing your résumé and applying for jobs, are available at the following link: Your Job Application. If you still experience technical difficulties applying for a competition, please send an email to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Minimum of grade 12 education with at least 2 years certification/diploma or post secondary education in the related field such as child and youth care, or related Human Service equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with children and youth in a directly related field.
- Experience and proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- 3 or more years of experience working with children and youth in a directly related field.
- Experience working in the Community Social Services sector.
- Applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit with the required combination of education and experience.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
Please refer to the Job Profile for the full list of willingness/ proviso requirements.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
- Cover letter required: YES - A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
- Resume required: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
- Online Questionnaire: YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Job Category: Social Services