We are looking for a skilled social media manager to oversee three of our Victoria-based publications: Capital Daily, The Westshore, and Oak Bay Local. We’re looking for someone with a strong background in social media marketing and owned content creation with a keen understanding of ever-changing trends in the digital and social media world.
The Social Media and Content Manager will oversee all day-to-day social channels for the above publications, including monitoring, customer service, reporting, and content development.
You’ll also be responsible for identifying new content streams or engagement opportunities with our audience to grow our brand and connect with the community. This is an exciting role for a self-starter who is not afraid to take creative chances.
This is a remote position based in Greater Victoria, BC.
- You have a background in social media management for a brand or media outlet with experience managing social accounts and full-scale campaigns.
- You eat, breathe, and sleep social and know the platforms inside and out, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Snapchat, Clubhouse, and Nextdoor, and can figure out how to use whatever else comes along.
- You have a keen eye for detail and are always up to date on the latest feature or product rollout – and you can’t wait to try them!
- You ideally have some experience with graphic design (Canva or other)
- You’re well-versed in real-time content capture.
- You have experience with social media scheduling and reporting tools (Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Loomly, or other).
- You understand tone of voice – this role will be responsible for managing three different publications so we need a chameleon ;)
- You have excellent customer service skills – after all, the first rule of social media is to be social!
- You ideally have some project management experience.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Manage the day-to-day social media calendars for three publications.
- Oversee all social media content creation and campaigns.
- Report bi-weekly on metrics to leadership and identify new areas of opportunity for growth.
- Help identify and create new social media campaigns across brands and guide leadership on new updates and product rollouts.
- Work closely with the Managing Editors and editorial teams at the publications to ensure that all social media strategies align with brand mandates.
- Work with editorial teams to tell their stories on social media and help bring their content to a larger audience.
- Develop targeted strategies to promote membership, events, new community collaborations, merchandise, and more.
Perks of working with us:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Full-time position with a competitive compensation package.
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy.
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture.