Located 6828 Kirkpatrick Crescent, Saanichton BC
Who We Are:
We believe people should never settle for boring baked goods, ever.
We are Portofino Bakery, one of British Columbia’s fastest-growing bakeries, serving an increasing network of local grocery and foodservice customers across Western Canada.
Portofino Bakery was founded over 15 years ago in Victoria, BC with the mission to provide better artisan bread to the local community in Victoria.
Today, we have over 175 team members, 3 facilities and are continuing our mission to enrich the lives of our customers with better every baked goods.
Portofino Bakery is part of Bond Bakery Brands, a stakeholder-focused investment platform started by three friends, and includes Pace Processing & Product Development, Holy Napoli and Coco Bakery. Together, we are building better bakeries.
The Bread and Butter of the Position:
If you are highly organized, detail oriented and enjoy a job that keeps you moving, our Receiver/ Shippers position may be right for you. Our Receiver/ Shippers ensure our operations on are safe and efficient, preparing our products for delivery to our customers across Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland.
Reporting to the Inventory Control & Warehouse Supervisor, our Receiver/ Shippers are responsible for:
- Receiving and following inventory control procedures for bakery products in the warehouse
- Loading, unloading and organizing stacks of finished bakery products
- Maintaining excellent warehouse organization by storing all items in designated spots
- Working with a team and Delivery Drivers to ensure all time goals are met comfortably
- Tracking and recording products as per company policies
- Assembling products in a neat and organized fashion to ensure that products will reach the customer undamaged
- Assembling orders for delivery as per provided company order sheets
- Documenting any damaged, unlabeled, unpresentable or missing products
- Ensuring all product is properly packaged, labelled and presentable for customers
- Complete all administrative duties and paperwork as assigned
- Operating pallet jacks and forklifts as per company practices and safety procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Shifts and availability:
- 8 hour shifts.
- Must be available to work 8:30am to 5:00pm.
- Shifts are scheduled between Monday to Friday.
- This is a full-time permanent position.
The Ingredients You Bring to the Table:
- Strong verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a group
- The ability to work on your feet for extended periods
- The ability to work in a clean, organized manner
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs
- A commitment to upholding company policies, compliance and quality standards
- A commitment to punctuality and reliability, reporting to work on time as scheduled
- A willingness to learn and grow
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment is considered an asset
The Details You’ll Loave:
- $18.50 starting wage
- Healthy and frequent raises
- Medical & Dental benefits including Life Insurance after 3 months, if you work at least 30 hours per week
- Access to complimentary "staff bread" to take home
- Opportunity for advancement
- Bi-Annual Footwear Allowance
- Paid Training
- Uniforms Provided
Our Values and What We Expect From Our Breadhead Team Members:
- We are committed to operating in a safety-first environment.
- We are committed to providing a positive work environment.
- We are committed to being a part of Portofino’s future growth and company goals.
- We are committed every day to making and delivering products we can be proud of.
- We listen and value input from everybody– we have open doors at Portofino Bakery.
- We use the golden rule and treat each other with respect, even when our opinions differ.
- We overcome challenges together as a team, we are stronger together.
- We do not take shortcuts; we do things right.
- We believe making the best products with better ingredients matters a lot.
- We believe in continuous product innovation and getting people excited about baked goods.
At Portofino Bakery, we believe that diversity of experience, opinion and background is fundamental to our future growth. We believe success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment where people from various backgrounds can work productively together. Portofino Bakery is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.