Position Title: Senior Technical Specialist
Closing Date: August 29, 2021
Pay Range: 27
Bi-weekly Salary: $3402.52 to $3901.97
Bi-weekly Work Schedule: 75 hours
Location: Regional, BC
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Service Delivery Unit: Technology Engineering Services
Planned Start Date: September 20, 2021
Number of Positions: 3
Manager: As assigned
The Senior Technical Specialist allocates resources and monitors the day-to-day service activities for the unit within the Technology Engineering Services (TES) team, and provides mentoring, training and limited administrative functions. This position provides expertise to customers in order to sustain effective and timely customer services and contributes to planning processes to help develop the section’s IT strategy.
Positions may be available in any of the following 5 areas:
- Software Development: specializing in developing solutions using Microsoft development tools and languages. This team focuses on automation and productivity improvements.
- Infrastructure Support: specializing in application layer support for, but not limited to, Citrix, Microsoft SCCM and Antivirus products.
- Remote Desktop Management: specializing in remote management of Microsoft Windows desktop operating system environments using Microsoft products including, but not limited to, Microsoft SCCM and WSUS.
- Software Packaging: specializing in packaging Windows applications using packaging products including, but not limited, to Flexara Admin Studio and Microsoft App-V.
- Desktop Imaging: specializing in tier 3 troubleshooting, desktop image creation and support using, but not limited to, Microsoft group policy and Microsoft deployment toolkit.
Education and Experience
- Related degree or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and/or training.
Experience in the following:
· Technical project planning and coordination, at a senior level, of hardware and/or software business solutions in a Microsoft Windows Desktop or Server environment
· Analyzing and resolving complex Windows Desktop or Server problems at a senior level
· Providing direction or team leadership
· Experience at a Senior Technical level in one or more of the following desktop/server technologies:
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 or higher, VB .NET or any Microsoft language, Windows 7 or higher Operating Systems;
Additional Skills in: Windows Server 2008 or higher, Citrix Xen APP and Xen Desktop v6.0 or higher, Symantec End Point Protection 12 or higher, Trend Micro Office Scan 11 or higher, Software Packaging Tools (I.e. InstallShield’s Admin Studio);
Experience with relevant equivalent vendor products will be considered
Software development experience in any language will be considered
We are looking for:
- A leader eager to support a technical team people by coordinating work effort and providing training and mentoring.
- An excellent communicator and a team player
- A resourceful individual who enjoys applying information technology to ensure high level of efficiency in accomplishing work by using fundamental software applications, keeping abreast of changes and integrating technology into the workplace.
· A detail oriented individual able to analyze problems and situations systematically, identify options/gaps in process, draw logical conclusions and sound inferences, develop and recommend appropriate practical courses of action using innovation, good judgment and strategic thinking
- A person able to plan and manage multiple medium to complex projects from initiation through to implementation, effectively and independently within time and resource constraints while taking into consideration their own and their co-worker’s workloads, shifting constraints, and priorities
Additional information for applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, you must complete a mandatory pre-screening questionnaire when applying at https://www.ismcanada.com/careers . Please make sure you provide detailed information as ISM cannot make assumptions about your qualifications.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above.
An eligibility list might be created.