Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy
Senior Technical Analyst
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Information, Innovation and Technology Division is leading the modernization and transformation of business practices for the Natural Resource Ministries (NRM) through continuous improvement projects, new technology options and operational information management/information technology (IM/IT). The IIT Division is providing leadership for IM/IT planning, policy and business process solutions and is also the single authority for all information and technology across the NRM.
As a Senior Technical Analyst, you will manage the acquisition, configuration, integration, and maintenance of Systems Infrastructure and Middle Tier products and services. You will work to develop and establish systems infrastructure technology policies, procedures and standards. Additionally, you will assist with guiding ministry staff, clients and vendors to support High Availability solutions for business areas where there is a critical requirement for systems availability.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree, diploma or certification in the computer science field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Recent experience (in the last 5 years) with management and administration of Windows Servers, UNIX/Linux servers, including Web and FTPS servers in a large application hosting environment.
- Recent experience (in the last 5 years) managing projects, developing action plans, and leading project teams in technical projects in a large enterprise environment.
- Recent experience (in the last 5 years) in assessing customer requirements, developing and implementing appropriate technical solutions.
- Experience supervising and/or mentoring staff.
Preference may be given to applicants with any of the following:
- Experience as a Full Stack Developer.
- Experience with API development and integration and continuous development environments.
Apply online by February 10, 2022