Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
WorkdayVictoria, BC23 days ago
Do what you love. Love what you do.
- At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Join our team and experience Workday!
- It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
- We are looking for a Senior SDET who is passionate about developing tools to improve the productivity of developers and testing across multiple applications. As an Senior SDET you will have the opportunity to work with Developers, Quality Assurance Engineers and Product Managers to help build a new generation of on-demand Enterprise solutions designed to meet the needs of today's global businesses. We're solving some tough problems in finding and organizing content, relevance, relatedness, integrations, infrastructure, and enterprise search. We build high-quality applications and micro-services and also care deeply about how our services operate in production with attention paid to testing, monitoring, logging and delivery.
About the role:
- Drive and develop automation strategy towards continuous delivery
- Increase scrum team productivity by supporting their automation tooling needs
- Drive design and implementation of development and test infrastructure
- Focus on developing test code rather than fixing or finding bugs
- Blaze new trails with the freedom to implement new tools and processes to improve our automation coverage and capabilities
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5-8+ years in Test Automation or Development
- Experience building automation infrastructure from the ground up
- Experience with scripting/automation frameworks such as: Cypress, Selenium, JUnit, Bamboo
- A track record as a champion of quality
- Knowledge of continuous integration and tooling
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Experience in an Agile environment
- High degree of attention to detail