Ministry of Citizens’ Services
We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to volunteer to telework (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies.
Senior Security Analyst
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Senior Security Analyst builds, operates and oversees the security infrastructure of government’s shared network. The Senior Security Analyst leads the ongoing operation and support of the network security information and event management (SIEM) infrastructure and services, provides senior level technical expertise in both the deployment and operation phase and works with big data and appropriate analytics to perform trend analysis and extract knowledge from large data sets. This position also works with a wide variety of customers and stakeholders to develop meaningful use cases and data to knowledge transformations and leads the design, implementation and management of operational tools and systems in support of network security.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Degree, diploma, certification or equivalent combination of education and experience in the computer science or data networking field.
• Preference may be given to applicants with professional designation as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
• 5 years’ experience working at a senior technical analyst level in a large network environment.
• Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
o Experience with SIEM technologies (Hadoop, Splunk, ELK, SOAR)
o UNIX platform administration and scripting
o Database tuning and/or administration
o Windows Directory services
o Knowledge of Cloud environments such as Azure or AWS
o IT security architecture or service development
o IT Network or Security Vendor Certifications
• Experience managing large scale security infrastructure projects, preference may be given to applicants with 3 years of project management experience.
Apply online by June 6, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/87972