Senior Project Manager
KixeyeVictoria, BCa month ago
KIXEYE currently seeks an upbeat and experienced Project Manager to join our dynamic team. Working with the Project Management Office(PMO), this highly collaborative role requires multi-discipline communication, organization, and direction to achieve business objectives. You are responsible for coordinating schedules, prioritizing tasks, mitigating risks, communicating progress, and improving processes.
On a day-to-day basis, the Project Manager will manage project related tasks as it relates to game development and stakeholder communication. As the ideal candidate, you will have some technical comprehension so you do not get lost in the details of software production. While this is not a technical role in terms of software engineering proficiency, you are not intimidated by acronyms or confused by jargon. In fact, you can take these details and translate for others around you. On a given day, you might present to an executive, laugh with a developer, and play games with a designer, all while managing deadlines and deliverables. This role reports directly to the VP of Operations.
What you get to do each day:
Working in conjunction with the PMO, the project manager is responsible for a wide variety of activities, including:
- Communicating key project information to stakeholders; including changes to scope, plan, resources, timelines, risks etc.
- Ensuring healthy project team morale / celebration
- Creating and maintaining project work breakdowns
- Creating and maintaining project plans and timelines
- Identifying and communicating project risks
- Identifying and communicating critical path and dependencies
- Managing JIRA task creation and assignment
- Working with the Game Leads and other Project Managers to manage resources across projects
- Following up on project tasks to ensure they are on track
- Playing video games!
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum 8 years of project management experience, preferably in technology
- Experience working with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Experience with Agile software development processes, including SCRUM and Kanban
- Proficient in Google Apps Suite or MS Office
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics for live services or games
- Able to communicate effectively with engineering, management, customers, and business personnel
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interest in video games
KIXEYE is committed to inclusive hiring practices! All are welcome; diverse candidates, women, and LGBTQ+ persons are strongly encouraged to apply.