BC Pension Corporation
Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What we offer:
- A variety of work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of work from home/on-campus)
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
As we gradually transition to a hybrid workplace, the health and safety of staff remain our priority. We continue to update our safety protocols to reflect our commitment to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our employees. Beginning the first week of November, we will transition to a hybrid work model where staff are supported to work both in office and from home. Guidelines and requirements for in-office presence are determined by operational need and may vary according to the unique needs of each business area. This will support our culture of community and connection while we continue to maintain flexibility, productivity, and collaboration.
We are seeking a Senior Middleware Specialist to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
As a Senior Middleware Specialist, you will be a part of a high functioning team that contributes to the technical design, development, enhancement and maintenance of information systems and services within BC Pension Corporation. You will be engaged in fast paced, challenging and exciting work, including the delivery of application servers and Middleware analysis, development and configuration.
This role requires an analytical individual who is committed to working collaboratively to establish guidelines and standards for Middleware operations, and developing, implementing, and managing the detailed operating procedures for Middleware installation and configuration.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and three years of recent, practical experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Recent, practical computer Middleware Administrator experience that includes:
- Three years of experience supporting and administering one of more of Liferay, WebLogic, Oracle Portal, Tomcat or equivalent servers.
- Three years of experience supporting, optimizing, and troubleshooting Web applications and Application servers.
- Demonstrated experience with the DevOps lifecycle.
Cover letter: Please do not submit a cover letter; it will not be reviewed.
Resume: A resume is required as part of your application. Ensure your resume includes your education, the start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relate to the job requirements.
Please apply through our career website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.