Do you want to be part of a dynamic team that is making a significant impact on the advancement of healthcare on Vancouver Island? If so, the Victoria Hospitals Foundation may be your next opportunity!
The Victoria Hospitals Foundation (VHF) works in partnership with Island Health to enable donations to every area of care at Royal Jubilee, Victoria General, and Gorge Road hospitals. As Island Health’s charitable partner, we raise donations for medical equipment, special projects, education, and research. VHF donors fund an incredible 40% of the equipment in Victoria General and Royal Jubilee hospitals.
In 2022/23, over $12.9 million was raised to support our hospitals, including gifts from over 5,200 donors. Since 1989, the Victoria Hospitals Foundation has raised more than $193 million to benefit our hospitals. Our community generously funded thousands of pieces of urgently needed medical equipment and special projects to help these hospitals provide care to all 860,000+ residents of Vancouver Island.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing, Senior Officer to join our team! This full-time permanent role will report to the Associate Director of Marketing & Communications and join a strong and creative Marketing & Communications team.
The Marketing, Senior Officer will play a key role in the evolution of the Foundation’s marketing activities in key areas such as direct mail, email marketing, advertising, and market-level initiatives. A main responsibility of this role is to project manage core direct response activities and manage the maintenance of the Foundation’s brand.
The Senior Officer helps the team achieve growth through new donor acquisition and brand awareness.
- Develops and supports targeted communications concepts that reflect the Foundation’s brand and voice for campaigns and projects.
- Develops branding for campaigns and initiatives that will inspire the community.
- Enhances brand awareness and consistency through collaboration, creation and style development.
- Strategizes advertising campaigns; operationalizes through planning, creation, metrics analysis and budget oversight.
- Designs and implements email marketing campaigns; oversees the email calendar; evaluates and reports on email performance.
- Acts as project manager and designer for the direct mail program, leading production schedules and layouts for mailings and newsletters.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on marketing optimization, industry policies and best practices.
- Acts as the main liaison for vendors, including advertisers and mail house.
- Supports the communication of the Foundation’s promotion and recognition activities, creating content for event promotion and recognition.
Flexible work arrangements may be available including a combination of in-office and at-home work. A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
- Post-secondary education in marketing or advertising or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 + years of experience in a marketing role (ideally in a fundraising and non-profit setting) or in a community-forward role that embodies storytelling.
- Adobe Suite and Graphic design experience is required.
- Experience with email marketing systems is a requirement; MailChimp is considered an asset.
- Experience with CMS is a requirement; WordPress is considered an asset.
- A strong designer and brand manager.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Highly creative, innovative, and comfortable embracing new technologies and techniques.
- Highly organized, goal-oriented, self-motivated, reliable, and detail-oriented.
- High regard for privacy and confidentiality of business information.
- Able to manage competing priorities and take the initiative.
Salary range is $64,000 - $85,000, plus a comprehensive benefits package.