Senior Management Consultant
Management Band 3
There are 2 Positions available, 1 permanent and 1 temporary opportunity until 2/24/2023
These positions are excluded from union membership.
A permanent appointment may result from the temporary appointment.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
These positions can be performed from multiple communities and the location of the position is negotiable; however Victoria, B.C. is preferred. Applicants located outside of Victoria will be required to travel to the Victoria office on a frequent basis.
On November 1, 2021, the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here.
Combine your management consulting, client service, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning skills in this leadership role.
The BC Public Service Agency provides leadership and services in people management. Established by the Public Service Act, the PSA supports organizations in achieving their human resource goals. It also improves the overall effectiveness of the public service by providing corporate human resource management frameworks and policies, as well as a variety of human resource services (e.g. hiring, management consulting, labour relations) and programs (e.g. Pacific Leaders). The PSA offers services across the province.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact NORMA.GLENDINNING@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resource management, organizational psychology, or related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and 2 years of related applied experience may be considered.
Related applied combined experience must include:
- Minimum of two years recent management consulting experience in leading consulting or HR (e.g. organizational design, effectiveness reviews) projects, with public or private sector clients.
- Demonstrated experience in completing and managing multiple, full-cycle complex projects (i.e. project conception to close-out) in a consulting-based work environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading executive teams through alignment exercises such as the prioritization of efforts and managing relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Experience working with executive and management teams to improve their organizations’ performance including leading consultation sessions, analyzing business challenges, developing, and implementing improvement plans and delivering senior level presentations.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Master’s degree in business administration, human resource management, organizational psychology or related.
- Formal training in Change Management.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
- Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
- Resume: YES - A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
- Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.