Uptown Apply Are you looking for a new and exciting career opportunity as a professional accountant? Do you seek to inspire and motivate others to work towards a common goal? Are you results-driven and able to multi-task with competing priorities to ensure deliverables and deadlines are met? Do you seek challenging opportunities and desire to deepen your technical and leadership skills? Do you want to join one of BC’s top 100 employers and work in a professional, fun and friendly work environment?
Under the leadership of the Manager, Accounting & Reporting, we are seeking a permanent Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance department in Victoria, BC.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a leader within a collaborative team of accounting professionals working closely together in the preparation and presentation of full cycle accounting, leading planning and preparation of financial information and reporting.
We’re looking for someone who cares about their work, seeks to find timely and pro-active solutions and who will lead and support the team. Someone who takes initiative, challenges the status quo, embraces change and thrives on collaboration, leading and motivating others to work together to solve problems and accomplish a common goal. Someone who can truly hear your stakeholders, understand the business, and can communicate solutions to all levels within the organization. Communication skills and organizational ability are key to being successful in this role. You must be able to work collaboratively with a wide variety of people, build teams, and support your team within the organization. This role requires strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills as well as facilitation skills to disseminate and gather information to and from relevant stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting functions which includes journal entries, reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and period-end close processes.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements including variance analysis and writing Executive and Board Memos.
- Supervising staff and providing effective day-to-day mentorship and training for accounting staff, which includes meaningful and timely performance reviews and regular feedback; sharing and teaching best practices
- Providing ongoing recommendations towards organizational improvements to increase productivity, simplify and enable automation, and provide timely and relevant reporting.
- Building strong working relationships with open and transparent communication within the team and across the organization, providing education and guidance to the business to support knowledge, awareness, and adherence to generally accepted accounting principles, standards and practices, corporate financial policies, practices and procedures and audit readiness
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and guidelines
This position is included in the bargaining unit. BC Assessment intends to establish an eligibility list for this competition.
Location: Victoria, BC - Uptown
Compensation: $67,644.68 - $79,583.57
Competition Close Date: Monday, April 5th @ 11:59PM
A recognized accounting designation (e.g. CA, CGA or CMA).An undergraduate degree in business, management or administration.
- Five (5) years directly-related experience with increasing levels of financial/supervisory responsibility.
- Experience in developing financial reports, preparing budgets, and developing new policies.
- Experience with computerized financial systems in a mid-to large sized organization.
- Experience in developing, evaluating and implementing a variety of financial operations, systems, etc.
- Experience leading and supervising a financial work unit is preferred.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record Check. All information provided in your application may be subject to verification. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of qualifications and/or supporting documentation (e.g. copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, driver’s license) as a condition of employment.
As a Provincial Crown Corporation, our mission is to create uniform assessments and trusted property information that supports strong and vibrant communities in BC. Our people are the key to our success - they drive our business, bring our values to life and truly help build communities. We value BC and also, truly value our people.
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work weeks and flexible work schedules
- Health and Wellness - generous extended health and dental benefits, plus other wellness focused programs and benefits
- Retirement benefits – including public service pension plan
- Career development – ongoing learning, leadership development and career development scholarship program
- An award-winning culture – watch our culture video!
Visit our benefits page to learn more and know that if you join the BC Assessment team, your skills and experience will be valued and will make a difference in the communities that we work and live.