Risk Consulting – Governance, Risk and Compliance Services
At KPMG in Canada, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Do work that matters, supported by a community that values difference and cares about you. Gain learning that’ll last you a lifetime and be recognized for the impact you make. With a focus on encouraging employees to come as they are, KPMG provides its employees with a variety of unique tools and support systems that ensure they thrive and make their mark in their career and in their communities.
What you will do
Our Victoria office is seeking undergraduate Business Administration, Commerce or Computer Science students who are pursuing their CPA designation to join the team as a full-time hire in Fall 2023 as a part of our Risk Consulting practice
Our Risk Consulting Team
Governance, risk and compliance services
As part of KPMG’s Governance, Risk & Compliance Services team, you will be working with professionals experienced in financial and operational internal auditing, internal controls, risk-based analytics, risk assessments, IT risk, and emerging risk areas to augment and enhance an organization's existing internal control, enterprise risk management, governance, and internal audit capabilities.
You will be working alongside executives, internal audit directors, and audit and risk committees to develop and deliver quality governance functions that deliver strategic business assurance, identify business opportunities, and enhance organizational value.
What’s in it for you:
At KPMG in Canada, you will find opportunity across geographies and industries to do work that matters with a team of peers, mentors and leaders that value your unique perspectives and experiences. As a full-time employee at the firm, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our clients and learn about different industries while you advance your learning and development goals through personalized on-the-job training, supported by your performance manager, to ensure your growth is continuous throughout your career journey. We provide opportunities that enable you to thrive with us, including remote work and travel program opportunities and 50 personal care hours beyond your vacation time.
What you bring to the role
You strive to make a meaningful and positive difference alongside your peers, to work collaboratively and with innovation at the forefront. You’re passionate about being involved in your local community and post-secondary institution and have a proven ability to achieve personal and professional success while being curious as you learn emerging practices and technologies.
How you will succeed:
- You have an excellent academic record
- You are committed to achieving your Canadian CPA designation and will obtain the CPA required pre-requisite courses at your post-secondary institution prior to the start date of this opportunity
- You develop collaborative relationships:Establishes meaningful relationships internally and externally and develops wide and productive networks
- You develop and motivate others:Engages others, instils confidence, and supports people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
- You take opportunities to learn and adapt:Uses insights and self-reflection to develop capability and embrace new challenges
- You are committed to quality:Delivers high-quality results and exceptional service that provide value
- You foster innovation: Embraces a culture of innovation and experimentation to create value