Retail Supervisor Level 2
The Butchart Gardens is looking for an individual to fill the following position:
DEAPRTMENT: SEED & GIFT STORE
POSITION: RETAIL SUPERVISOR LEVEL 2
At The Seed and Gift Store we believe a great team is made up of a diverse group of people with a variety of experiences, styles and talents. We are seeking a motivated leader, willing to learn and bring new ideas to our growing and evolving supervisor team.
Through the year, supervisor level 2 is responsible for but not limited to:
· As a role model, demonstrate a high level of sales and visitor service and ensure staff provide the best shopping experience for each visitor
· Train, coach, organize and delegate the work of staff
· Proactively ensure your team has knowledge of all products, display, filling guidelines and merchandise information
· Ensure a positive work environment by providing and documenting daily staff performance feedback; keep management informed about staff performance and maintain confidentiality
· Conduct shift meetings to communicate changes, updates, motive sales team and provide daily work plan
· Produce, document and conduct seasonal performance reviews
· Accurately record breaks, employee attendance and working hours
· Assist cashiers with all types of cash procedures by possessing excellent abilities with cash handling, credit cards, gift cards, shipping and navigating POS computer systems
· Receive and provide feedback in a constructive and professional way
· Handle minor conflicts and resolve problems constructively in person, via email and telephone
To begin your supervisor role with us, you’ll have:
· Preferably 2-3 years in a retail environment with leadership experience
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills including listening, information gathering and coaching
· Basic computer skills such as browser navigation and familiarity with Microsoft programs
· Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, push, pull, carry items short distances and engage in repetitive motions
· Ability to lift 20 pounds, climb ladder and use step stool
The successful candidate can look forward to:
A full-time, 40 hour per week, year-round position, which includes both day/night shifts and weekend work plus occasional overtime. The position offers competitive wages, benefit package, 3 weeks’ vacation, RRSP matching program, growth potential, free parking, discounts and other company perks. Remuneration will commensurate with this level of responsibility and qualifications of the successful candidate.
If you are interested in joining the Seed and Gift Store team, please submit your resume and cover letter to: The Human Resources Department. The Butchart Gardens Ltd. 800 Benvenuto Avenue, Brentwood Bay BC, V8M 1J8 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 250-544-4455.
We sincerely thank all those who apply, however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.