This position is excluded from union membership.
Vital Statistics is responsible for the registration of vital life events and the production of abstracts and certificates of those events to the general public of British Columbia. The Agency also produces data and a number of health status indicators that are utilized as key information resources by both provincial and federal health planners and researchers.
The Registrar General (RG) provides province wide leadership in the development, interpretation and application of program policy and procedures, as well as institutes an ongoing series of individual and corporate performance measures to ensure the effective and efficient provision of vital statistics services to the population of British Columbia. The RG represents the Province when providing legislative recommendations to senior government officials of provincial and international jurisdictions and when participating in national and international forums to discuss issues common to all vital statistics operations.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service, please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in public or business administration or related field and five to seven years of related experience; OR an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience in project management and administering operational programs
- Significant experience in preparing briefing and advisory documents for Minister’s Office, Deputy Minister and Assistant Deputy Minister
- Experience in a senior manager role, supervising professional staff, project teams, contractors and/or consultants
- Experience supervising and coaching a management team
For more information and to apply online by February 2, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/95196