Boys & Girls Club of Greater VictoriaGreater Victoria3 days ago
Boys & Girls Club of Greater Victoria’s Mission is to provide safe, supportive places where children, youth and families experience opportunity, overcome barriers, develop skills, positive relationships and confidence for successfully leading their lives and communities. We provide social, recreational and developmental services to children, youth and their families that support all aspects of our Mission.
The Agency supports practice through a trauma-informed lens, placing a priority on participant safety, choice, and self-determination. Our programs are approved by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Please see our website for specific details of these and other positions currently available at https://bgcvic.org/career-opportunities/employment/ .
We are recruiting two manager positions which are exciting new roles in the Agency. If you are an experienced manager in the fields of Licensed Child Care or Parenting Programs, read on!
The first position is the Manager – Licensed Child Care Programs - responsible for the safe and effective provision of licensed child/youth care programming and service delivery in the licensed program portfolio, including planning, implementation, risk management and supervision of staff and volunteers.
The second position is the Manager – Parenting Programs - responsible for the safe and effective provision of programming and service delivery in their program portfolio of parenting programs, including planning, implementation, risk management and supervision of staff and volunteers. Parenting Programs include Youth Prenatal Parenting Program (our young mothers program) and parenting programs for parents of pre-teens and teens based on a model of education and group support.
The Managers’ key role is to capture participant goal setting, solution seeking and skill building within the team and among participants to achieve program deliverables. The Managers work on the frontline coaching and guiding staff in their professional practice and delivering programming through a trauma informed lens, placing priority on participant safety, empowerment and skill development. As key leaders in the Agency, the Managers demonstrate the active pursuit of intentional practice with a relentless focus on outcomes and results. The Managers lead by example adopting the Agency’s Core Values and Code of Ethics to guide decision-making and professional behaviour.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Develops a staff team with the capacity to provide ongoing participant and family support through exceptional program delivery utilizing best practices in the field
· Works in-program as an active team member, role modelling and supporting quality program delivery and best practices
· Supports staff team to build effective staff/participant relationships that supports a safe and inclusive environment
· Reviews, monitors and measures program and service delivery objectives against actual program deliverables
· Develops, monitors implements and evaluates new/existing programs in collaboration with Program Director
· Leads the adoption of a mindset and practice of intentionality in program implementation and service delivery maximizing opportunities for child participant success and program impact
· Provides service delivery through the lens of the following evidence-based research: strengths-based, Trauma Informed Practice, & Positive Behaviour Support and experiential learning
· Facilitates weekly Case Management meetings and service provision
· Develops program objectives and service delivery outcomes with Program Director
· Provides Clinical Supervision and support with a view to develop competencies
· Completes Work Plans, Performance Reviews and Training Plan for direct reports
· Develops, cultivates and stewards program relationships with staff, referring authorities, stakeholders, volunteers, etc.
· Undergraduate Degree in Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Education or Recreation, equivalent combination of education, training and experience
· Minimum 5 years experience in a formal leadership role in a related field
· Knowledge of and experience working in a licensed/accredited program environment (Licensed Programs Manager)
· Extensive experience working with children, youth and families and has a deep calling to work with parents (Parenting Programs Manager)
· Cultural humility training
· Sound working knowledge and strategies applied along the Family Life Cycle
· Positive Behaviour Support training
· Extensive experience providing trauma informed clinical supervision support
· Effective verbal, written and presentation/group facilitation skills
· Clean Criminal Record Check
· Class 4 Driver’s License (Licensed Program Manager)
· Reliable transportation
· Mental Health First Aid certification
· Behavioural Intervention training
· Motivational Interviewing
· Knowledge of mental health and substance use
· Wage: $54,600 – 63,700
· Status: Full-Time, Permanent
· Hours: 35 hours per week
· Expected Start Date: February 15, 2020, negotiable or as soon as possible
· Benefits: Extended Health coverage including dental, prescriptions, optical, life insurance, critical illness, long-term disability
· Opportunities: Professional development
· Please submit your resume and cover letter stating the position that you are applying to and clearly demonstrating how your experience and qualifications relate to the position
· Email: email@example.com
· Detail oriented applicants will use our tag line “A Good Place To Be” in the first line of your cover letter
· The job postings will remain open until the positions are filled. We thank all who apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Important Note Regarding COVID-19
· This is a front-line position working in direct contact with youth, and it is considered safe according to governmental guidelines for pandemic outbreaks.
· As an organization we are taking the necessary precautions and adhering to all Provincial Health Authorities’ (PHA) recommendations on sanitization, mask wearing and social distancing in close proximity.
· Please do not apply if you are at risk with underlying health concerns or have your own personal concerns regarding social distancing that go beyond the PHA’s recommendations as we cannot accommodate while adhering to governmental directives