Located 6828 Kirkpatrick Crescent, Saanichton BC
Who We Are:
We believe people should never settle for boring baked goods, ever.
We are Portofino Bakery, one of British Columbia’s fastest-growing bakeries, serving an increasing network of local grocery and foodservice customers across Western Canada.
Portofino Bakery was founded over 15 years ago in Victoria, BC with the mission to provide better artisan bread to the local community in Victoria. Today, we have over 175 team members, 3 facilities and are continuing our mission to enrich the lives of our customers with every baked good.
Portofino Bakery is part of Bond Bakery Brands, a stakeholder-focused investment platform started by three friends, and includes Pace Processing & Product Development, Holy Napoli and Coco Bakery. Together, we are building better bakeries.
The Bread and Butter of the Position:
If you have a love for baking and a willingness to maintain high-quality food and safety standards, a position on our Bakery Production team maybe your career sweet spot! Our Bakery Production Team Members are truly the bread and butter of our business, baking the highest quality, artisan-style products day in and day out.
Bonus points if you have previous commercial baking experience!
Reporting to the supervisor, our Bakery Production Team Members are responsible for:
- Setting up for production, producing, proofing, baking, and cleaning
- Following the specified production lists for each day
- Reporting to the immediate supervisor or lead any questions or concerns regarding product quality production
- Following written recipes in metric units
- Using the necessary equipment to mix, scale, shape, proof and bake all production products
- Following and completing the cleaning and sanitation checklists
- Following and recording all products made on the appropriate forms
- Stocking ingredients, washing, and sanitizing all equipment, tools and workspaces
- Ensuring all equipment is turned off and locked out for the next day at the end of shifts
- Completing all paperwork associated with the department
- Other duties as assigned
Shifts and availability:
- 8-hour shifts.
- Must be available to start work between 6:00 - 10:00am OR 10:00am - 4:00pm OR 12:30pm - 4:00pm
- This is a full-time permanent position
The Ingredients You Bring to the Table:
- Strong verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a group
- The ability to work on your feet for extended periods
- The ability to work in a clean, organized manner
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- A commitment to upholding company policies, compliance and quality standards
- A commitment to punctuality and reliability, reporting to work on time as scheduled
- A willingness to learn and grow
- Previous experience in a commercial bakery is considered an asset
- Previous experience with HACCP
- Food Safe Level 1 is required
The Details You’ll Loave:
- $20.00 starting wage
- Healthy and frequent raises
- Medical & Dental benefits including Life Insurance after 3 months, if you work at least 30 hours per week
- Access to complimentary "staff bread" to take home
- Opportunity for advancement
- Bi-Annual Footwear Allowance
- Paid Training
- Uniforms Provided
Our Values and What We Expect From Our Breadhead Team Members:
- We are committed to operating in a safety-first environment.
- We are committed to providing a positive work environment.
- We are committed to being a part of Portofino’s future growth and company goals.
- We are committed every day to making and delivering products we can be proud of.
- We listen and value input from everybody– we have open doors at Portofino Bakery.
- We use the golden rule and treat each other with respect, even when our opinions differ.
- We overcome challenges together as a team, we are stronger together.
- We do not take shortcuts; we do things right.
- We believe making the best products with better ingredients matters a lot.
- We believe in continuous product innovation and getting people excited about baked goods.
At Portofino Bakery, we believe that diversity of experience, opinion and background is fundamental to our future growth. We believe success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment where people from various backgrounds can work productively together. Portofino Bakery is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age .