Echosec SystemsVictoria, BCa month ago
Echosec Systems is looking for a Platform Engineer to support the R&D team in architecting, developing and deploying highly reliable applications and infrastructure for our web application, darknet and social crawlers and a data enrichment platform. You will be joining a team that values continuous improvement, quality architecture and agile development; The Platform Team takes pride in releasing often while maintaining meaningful and comprehensive test coverage. Previous experience working within platform engineering focused roles would be valuable but not required.
Being a member of the platform engineering team, you can expect to:
- Architect and build streaming pipelines for millions of data points a day.
- Build and maintain services deployed to kubernetes.
- Work with tools like Node.js, Elasticsearch, Azure Event Hub.
- Improve telemetry and monitoring code to help with high availability.
Echosec Systems is a leader in online information discovery. Gathering millions of posts from dark web marketplaces, social media sites, and discussion forums, Echosec delivers an unparalleled level of digital and physical security to their global user base. Their web-based threat and risk intelligence solutions allow organizations to rapidly detect critical online content, so they can respond faster.
Echosec ingests data from hundreds of sources ranging from well known social media sites like Twitter and YouTube, to niche discussion forums like Discord, Telegram, and Gab. Advanced keyword and image detection filters allow Echosec users to monitor threats and get high priority alerts when specific content is detected.
Security teams worldwide trust Echosec Systems to provide a critical layer of information about unfolding events. Whether the event is a natural disaster, a violent threat, or a planned attack against a high-risk individual, Echosec provides situational awareness and real-time information that mitigates risk, minimizes damage, and keeps people and organizations safe.
- Architect a streaming and enrichment pipeline for web crawlers and social media firehoses.
- Write highly performant Node.js code.
- Deploy services to Kubernetes through Helm charts.
- Design a monitoring and telemetry system to support Site Reliability Engineers in keeping the Platform highly available.
- Support the Product Engineering team by providing clean abstractions to access third party social media APIs, dark web data and Echosec System’s proprietary web crawlers.
- Deploy infrastructure to cloud providers to support platform services.
Skills and Experience
- A deep understanding of the Node.js ecosystem.
- Working experience with either Redis pub/sub, Kafka, AWS Kinesis or Azure Event Hub.
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch queries and use cases.
- Writing and securing internal microservices.
- A working knowledge of container orchestration and cloud native architectures.
Assets but not Requirements
- Previous experience working with Kubernetes and Helm.
- Strong understanding of Typescript.
- Experience with evaluating distributed systems tradeoffs.
- Prior experience implementing tracing and metrics (Prometheus, DataDog, Sentry, Logstash, etc)
- An understanding of Terraform or infrastructure as code.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you