Physiotherapist - (137343)
Island HealthVictoria, BC5 months ago
Closing Date: Feb. 9 2021
- Gorge Road Hospital - Victoria, BC V9A 1L2 CA
- Royal Jubilee Hospital - Victoria, BC V8R 1J8 CA (Primary)
- Victoria General Hospital - Victoria, BC V8Z 6R5 CA
Travel Requirement: Travel between multiple sites may be required
Shift Start Time/End Time: 0800-1616
Days Off: Rotating
Vacancy Type: Regular FT
Hourly Rate: $35.27 - $43.81
Bi-Weekly Hours: 75
Planned Start Date: Mar. 1 2021
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority ( Island Health), patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Coordinator, assesses, develops and implements individual and group treatment programs to ensure optimum patient care for assigned caseload. Coordinates patients' treatment programs with referring physician(s) and other medical professionals.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from a university program in Physiotherapy recognized by the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA). Registered with the College of Physiotherapist of British Columbia and eligible for membership with the CPA.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated planning and instructional skills.
- Ability to organize individual patient treatment programs.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other professional disciplines as part of a team.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Additional info: Rotation will work 1 in 6 weekends. Caseload currently planned to cover Surgical units, but this may change. Must be prepared to cover any area of acute PT practice. Expected to supervise at least 1 PT or RA student annually.
Full Job Description: https://jd.viha.ca/JD668.pdf