Payroll & Accounting Clerk
Want to join a fun, growing, dynamic company with a great culture and incredible benefits & perks? Join us!
The Opportunity: Payroll and Accounting Clerk
Position Details: Permanent, Full-Time
What Makes Us a Great Employer? Here are some of the benefits and perks you can look forward to by joining our Team:
• Locally owned and operated for over 25 years
• Competitive wages and flexible schedule
• Employer paid extended health and dental plan
• RRSP matching
• Paid volunteer days and charitable donation matching
• Anniversary bonuses
• Education and tuition reimbursement
• Annual health and wellness reimbursement
• Product and staff discounts to all our brands
• In-house training and certifications
• Opportunity for growth and advancement/leadership development
• Refer a friend… we’ll pay you!
• FUN working environment – theme days and annual parties
• Socially responsible and inclusive culture
• LEED Gold-certified waterfront offices with rooftop deck, secure bike storage, shower facilities, and modern kitchen stocked with snacks and refreshments
Who is the Truffles Group?
Locally owned and operated, The Truffles Group has been advancing Vancouver Island’s hospitality, tourism and beverage retail industries for over 25 years. During this time, we have grown from one employee to over 250, and from one brand to six! Our group of companies includes Cascadia Liquor, Flight Cannabis Co., Habitat Café, Heritage Quay Developments, Victoria Butterfly Gardens, and Truffles Catering.
Guided by our founder Don Calveley’s entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to business excellence, The Truffles Group continues to push the boundaries of innovation and service to create elevated guest and team member experiences.
We continue to grow and build our business responsibly and ethically on a foundation and commitment to our core values: Quality, Integrity, Community, Growth, and FUN!
If you share our values, are exceptionally detail-oriented, and have a passion for order and quality work, we want to hear from you!
Hours of Work: Working hours will generally occur from Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week. The hours of work may vary and may be irregular and will be those hours necessary to meet the requirements of the job.
Job Purpose: The Payroll and Accounting Clerk is responsible for performing payroll processing, supporting accounts payable, and providing financial administrative support (recording and reconciling day-to-day financial operations, invoicing, and other transactions) to business units within the Truffles Group. The position will perform accounting duties in accordance with established internal processes, maintaining records and processing accounts with accuracy and confidentiality. The position will be highly detail-oriented, analytical, motivated, and able to work independently. Able to prioritize, organize information, and communicate it effectively, the position will be tuned into our culture of quality, taking pride in all that we do and continually challenging ourselves to stand a step above.
· Payroll processing:
o Verify timekeeping records and consult with General Managers on discrepancies
o Record payroll data and exceptions into payroll software
o Ensure accuracy of payroll and benefits data
o Add and update employee information and other payroll data into payroll software
o Ensure accuracy of payroll accruals, benefits, and deductions
o Process Records of Employment and final pays
o Prepare payroll journal entries
o All other payroll related duties and responsibilities
· Accounting Clerk duties:
o Accounts payable
o Organize electronic and paper copies of vendor invoices
o Post accounts payable to correct general ledger accounts
o Ensure accurate recording of taxes
o Perform regular payment runs
o Liaise with TTG businesses and vendors to rectify issues and enhance processes
o Assist in reconciling credit card and bank statements
· Assist in maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end and year-end close procedures
· Reconcile accounts
· Post accounts payable and perform regular payment runs
· Comply with all financial procedures and internal controls
· Comply with financial regulations, GAAP, and legislation
· Perform other financial administrative functions as requested
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications
• High school diploma with at least 3 years of direct experience with Canadian payroll processing, accounts payable, and general financial administration experience
o Experience using Payworks considered an asset
o Additional accounting / payroll courses or diploma considered an asset
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Friendly and positive personality
• Excels in a collaborative environment with the ability to form strong working relationships
• Computer skills: intermediate Excel and Outlook and basic Word, experience with Sage 50 (an asset)
• Accounting experience in the retail industries considered an asset
Successful applicants must be fully vaccinated (defined as 14 days having elapsed since receipt of a second dose of one of the COVID-19 vaccines approved for use in Canada and compliance with any other related public health order, recommendations or guidelines respecting vaccination) and show proof of vaccination as a condition of employment and prior to starting work.
We value you!
Your background, your perspective, your uniqueness, your talent.
We value all things that make you, YOU!
The Truffles Group is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. There is no exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with this position.
If this position sounds like a perfect fit for you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.