Do you want the opportunity to do your VERY best work? Join our GROWING team today!!!
We are looking for some reliable and ambitious team players to help us create amazing Production teams within a fast-paced start-up environment. We are actively hiring for multiple positions for both day and evening shifts and provide training.
As our Production Team Member, you will play a key role in producing plant-based products as part of a great team.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Starting salary: -$16.50. Additional pay rate increases available based on job functions within the team.
- Signing bonus - $100 paid after 30 days and an additional $150 paid after 90 days
- Level 1 and Level 2 First Aid premiums (as applicable). Company will pay for training if you meet eligibility criteria.
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits after 1 Month - 100% employer paid
- Transit Friendly - located near Douglas & Hillside on lots of major bus routes
- Work-Life Balance - Have weekends off! Our team works Monday to Friday; either the AM shift (7am-3:30pm) or PM Shift (3:00pm-11:30pm)
- Opportunity to grow your skills and take on new responsibilities with a VERY exciting company!
- Perform duties of general production team member such as steaming, branding, vacuum packaging, and other tasks as required
- Working closely with vegetables
- Weighing of dried and fresh herbs and spices
- Creating plant-based meats by hand
- Packaging our delicious plant-based products
- Operating a wide array of machinery, including tanks and kettles, to prepare food for production
- Recording production data including weight tracking, inventory tracking, etc.
- Maintaining a clean workstation and clean equipment while it is not in use at the end of every shift, and sterilize thoroughly to ensure it remains sanitary
- Lifting of heavy boxes and materials required
- Setting up of equipment for production
- Monitor any changes in a machine’s capabilities, and report malfunctions to Lead Hand
- Cleaning and sanitization of equipment
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Lead and/or Manager
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs
- Physical dexterity and ability to stand for long periods of time
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work in temperature-controlled environments with loud noises
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and protocols
Nice to Haves:
- 1+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally within the food or production
- Strong technical skills and an understanding of machines and troubleshooting is considered an asset
- Food Safe Level 1 is considered an asset
- Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 1/2 or equivalent is considered an asset
- Previous experience with warehouse machinery and equipment, such as a pallet jack, is an asset
We welcome all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish.
Thank you for your interest in The Very Good Food Company, and we encourage you to apply today!