Want to be part of a fun, fast-paced, dynamic company with a great culture and incredible benefits & perks? Join us!
The Opportunity: Office Assistant
Job Purpose: The Office Assistant (OA) reports to the Office & Facilities Manager, seamlessly supporting day-to-day administrative needs. The OA may also support members of the executive leadership and other members of the Senior Leadership Team, in their day-to-day administrative needs as they direct and oversee our dynamic group of companies. The OA is highly organized, self-motivated, and proactive; able to intuit needs and keep confidentiality top of mind in all matters.
Position Details: Permanent, Full-Time. Working hours will generally occur from Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week. The hours of work may vary and may be irregular and will be those hours necessary to meet the requirements of the job.
What Makes Us a Great Employer? Here are some of the benefits and perks you can look forward to by joining our Team:
• Locally owned and operated for over 25 years
• Competitive wages and total compensation package
• Employer-paid extended health and dental plan and RRSP matching
• Anniversary and referral bonuses
• Paid volunteer days and charitable donation matching
• Education & Tuition reimbursement and Health & Wellness reimbursement
• Product and staff discounts to all our brands
• In-house training and certifications and the opportunity for growth & advancement
• Socially responsible, fun, and inclusive culture
• Complimentary entry into community events
• LEED Gold-certified waterfront offices with rooftop deck, secure bike storage, shower facilities, and modern kitchen stocked with snacks and refreshments
· Support the day-to-day operations and administration of The Truffles Group Head Office
· Support facilities requirements at all locations, as required by the Office & Facilities Manager
· Support HR administrative tasks, as required by the Office & Facilities Manager
· Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations, applications, newsletters, and other documents
· Order office, kitchen and health and safety supplies, and ensure all locations have the appropriate health and safety equipment required
· Deliver supplies to all lower island TTG locations, as required
· Arrange and coordinate meetings, events and gatherings (including agendas / itineraries, bookings, logistics, participants, multimedia needs, and food & beverage)
· Track and manage expenses
· Order office supplies, hardware, software, etc.
· Order food and beverage for Head Office, and other locations as required
· Trouble-shoot technical office challenges; oversee office technology maintenance schedules
· Summarize and distribute meeting minutes as required
· Keep important information and documents organized (physically and electronically); file and retrieve information and documents as needed (including printing, photocopying, scanning, etc.)
· Organize and book travel arrangements as required
· Build strong working relationships with members of the Head Office team
· Maintain a superior degree of discretion and confidentiality
· Conduct research and draft reports on various topics based on needs
· Provide assistance on special projects as required
· Such other duties as are customarily performed by one holding the position of an Office Assistant in businesses that are similar to The Truffles Group
· Such other and unrelated duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Employer
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications
· 2+ years working as an Office Assistant within a fast-paced office environment
· Previous experience supporting executive-level clients considered an asset
· Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
· Excellent verbal and written communication, and effective problem-solving skills
· Advanced MS Office suite knowledge
· Outstanding ability to juggle many priorities while staying organized and delivering on-time
· Strong attention to detail, judgment, and decision-making ability
· Adaptable, flexible, and able to work independently and within tight deadlines
· Ability to be resourceful and efficient
· Enthusiasm and self-motivation as a proactive and collaborative team player
· Ability to travel to lower island locations and possession of valid BC drivers’ license
Successful applicants must be fully vaccinated (defined as 14 days having elapsed since receipt of a second dose of one of the COVID-19 vaccines approved for use in Canada and compliance with any other related public health order, recommendations or guidelines respecting vaccination) and show proof of vaccination as a condition of employment and prior to starting work.
Who is the Truffles Group?
Locally owned and operated, The Truffles Group has been advancing Vancouver Island’s hospitality, tourism and beverage retail industries for over 25 years. During this time, we have grown from one employee to over 250, and from one brand to six! Our group of companies includes Cascadia Liquor, Flight Cannabis Co., Habitat Café, Heritage Quay Developments, Victoria Butterfly Gardens, and Truffles Catering.
Guided by our founder Don Calveley’s entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to business excellence, The Truffles Group continues to push the boundaries of innovation and service to create elevated guest and team member experiences.
We continue to grow and build our business responsibly and ethically on a foundation and commitment to our core values: Quality, Integrity, Community, Growth, and FUN!
If you share our values, are exceptionally organized, and have a passion for being proactive and exceeding expectations, we want to hear from you!
We value you! Your background, your perspective, your uniqueness, your talent.
We value all things that make you, YOU!
The Truffles Group is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out.
If this position sounds like a perfect fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer Clause: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. There is no exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with this position.