Medical Office Assistant/ Clerk - (137233)
Island HealthVictoria BC5 months ago
Close Date: Feb 4, 2021
Location: Saanich Health Unit - Victoria, BC V8X 1L9 CA (Primary)
Shift Start/End Time: 0830-1630
Days Off: Weekend/Stats
Vacancy Type: Temp PT
Hourly Rate: $20.36 - $22.47
Bi-Weekly Hours: 60
Planned Start Date: Feb. 8 2021
Job Description: In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of Island Health (Vancouver Island Health Authority), patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Manager or delegate, and working as part of an integrated administrative team, the Medical Office Assistant/Clerk performs a variety of clerical and medical office assistant duties including, word processing, scheduling, provider billing, data entry, composing and signing correspondence, typing medical and legal reports and documents from notes and/or recording devices. Answers general inquiries related to programs and services from clients, physicians, staff and the public. Assists primary care providers with the smooth operation and flow for patient visits and care.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Grade 12 education and graduation from a Medical Office Assistant course, plus two years recent related experience in a health care setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Experience working with at-risk or street-involved populations preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in fast-paced health centre environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work roles.
- Ability to work as an effective member of an integrated administrative team.
- Ability to communicate effectively using all communication vehicles.
- Ability to type a minimum 50 wpm.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheet applications and specialized clinical information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and understand Medical Terminology.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to follow detailed instruction.
- Ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others.