Marketing Specialist (Grand Openings) - 14 Mo Contract
Requisition ID: 150102
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Brand Strategy & Planning
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: British Columbia (CA-BC)
Location: Belmont Office
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Specialist, Grand Openings, Store Marketing is responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of all grand opening tactics as determined collaboratively with the key stakeholders for each banner
- Grand openings, re-openings and closures for all full-service community and discount banners in Western Canada and Ontario
- Engage and collaborate with marketing leads and other cross functional stakeholders and internal service leads in Creative, POS Signage, Loyalty, Media, Merchandising, Demos, Finance, Communications, Consumer Insights, Retail Operations, Construction, Community Investment, Sponsorship to develop and execute grand opening/re-openings/closures plans
- Coordinate all tactical elements of the grand openings/re-openings/closures plans by working directly with required functional areas
- Lead communication of grand opening/re-openings/closures plans and status updates to leadership as well as functional areas both in written and verbal communication
- Interact and communicate effectively with various levels of leadership on plans for grand opening/re-openings/closures
- Manage budget for assigned grand openings
- Collaborate with functional areas to prepare postmortem brief for grand opening/re-openings/closures for appropriate stakeholders
- Manages Store Marketing Projects: As a member of the Store Marketing team; the Specialist may be asked to support projects beyond Store Marketing campaigns and projects
- Execute all elements of the grand opening process in collaboration and partnership with leads for identified functional areas
- Work with external agency partners to request tactical information and coordinate grand opening initiatives/elements as required
- Aligns with internal service leads for Creative, POS Signage, Loyalty, Media, Merchandising, Demos, Finance, Communications, Consumer Insights, Retail Operations, Construction, Community Investment, Sponsorship to develop and execute plans for grand openings/re-openings/closures
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the grocery industry preferred
- Diploma or undergraduate degree in Marketing or Business Administration
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects
- Proven track record of project management, managing to budget
- Maintain confidentiality pertaining to strategic business projects and initiatives
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborative and strong customer service orientation
- Adaptable, flexible and dependable
- Ability to think strategically and critically from an ROI and problem-solving perspective
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.