Marketing & Communications Manager
The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer1286 McKenzie Ave, Victoria, BC V8P 5P2a month ago
The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer is your fresh & innovative destination market for extraordinary food experiences.
WHO WE ARE:
We are a market amongst many, but our business model stands alone by providing an experiential shopping atmosphere driven by a passion for sustainability, and a locally focused purchasing philosophy. We are currently undertaking the opening of a second Root Cellar location and are embarking on an exciting year ahead as we plan, create, and manifest this new project. This new location provides the opportunity to develop, strengthen and grow our Root Cellar Family, and we are seeking applicants as excited about what lies ahead as we are. We anticipate opening in the second half of this year, so the future is glowing with growth & opportunity for our team.
The Root Cellar is a family business, founded in 2008. A firm stance behind our motto ‘farm fresh, dirt cheap, delicious’ and a drive to brighten every customer’s day has resulted in our little market becoming a bustling community hub, now providing Vancouver Island’s largest selection of organic, local and conventional produce, a full service butcher and deli, a boutique florist and garden centre, artisanal grocery, dairy & breads, a bulk foods section and most recently a new coffee bar, bringing us to over 10,000 square feet, buzzing with over 120 employees.
At The Root Cellar, we believe that time spent gathered around the table is what connects us as people, families & communities. Good food is essential not only for survival but for our human need for togetherness. We want our customer’s experience of food to be extraordinary, beginning with their visit to The Root Cellar. To create this experience we seek passionate individuals, driven by a shared love of food, experience, and impact. We value integrity, candor, a sense of humour and individuals whose drive for excellence results in a more rewarding work experience for all – together we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the community where we live, work & play.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for someone to spread the sunshine. The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the overall marketing strategy for The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer; everything from data analysis and revenue tactics to brand building. This will include strategic design, implementation & management of a range of online communication strategies and ensuring that measurable results are being driven from marketing initiatives. The Marketing and Communications Manager models outstanding interpersonal skills, teamwork, superior judgement & decision making, and a commitment to our success. Your refined, existing marketing & communication skills, and love of organization & efficiency are complemented by your self-motivated nature. You thrive in a creative workplace and share our passions for food & sustainability, making you a positive and uplifting addition to our healthy & fast paced work environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Execute marketing and communication strategies, including customer relations & communications, data analysis, brand building, social media online representation, website maintenance and content & copy creation.
- Develop and manage policies and procedures for social media; ensure legal requirements and best practices around copyright, privacy and security are adhered to.
- Execution of two weekly newsletters including content creation, distribution on social media platforms, customer newsletter and promotional material such as recipes and store signage.
- Prepare & distribute press releases, coordinate all community events, donations, fundraisers & collaborations.
- Implement engagement strategies, both in store and online, to create rewarding customer service experiences and generate repeat customers.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for new product releases, collaborating with all departments for successful execution.
- Oversee the marketing budget; implement efficient processes to maximize value for money; develop and negotiate contracts and vendor pricing to ensure cost effectiveness as well as timely delivery of product.
- Maintain internal communications; Team Member newsletter and internal memos to continuously support the inclusion and education of company marketing initiatives to all Team Members across the company.
- Provide administrative and organizational support to multiple teams such as the Owners and Management Team.
- Preparation of educational material, form and document preparation and all other creative and administrative tasks as required.
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE:
- Degree in Marketing, Media, Communications or Creative Writing; or a minimum or three years’ work experience in marketing/communications/administration with success.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, (word, publisher, excel), Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign), email and calendar maintenance.
- Proficient and experienced in managing all social media platforms for business and ad managers.
- Experience working with Mailchimp & WordPress.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly and warmly with a range of people from diverse background and cultures.
- Stellar organizational and time management skills, and the ability to think big, but also track the details.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- The ability to take ownership and accountability to deliver the right results in the right way. You have the drive to improve our organization through contributions impacting both the individual and our team.
- The means to think conceptually about the big picture and in which direction the organization is headed, developing long term plans to achieve the desired outcome, and linking daily work to our long term vision.
- A creative soul and an analytical mind.
- A love of green sauce.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A Culture of Teamwork, Collaboration & Continuous Learning
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- 20% In-store Discount on Purchases.
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter.
*applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.