The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer is your fresh & innovative destination market for extraordinary food experiences.
We are a market amongst many, but our business model stands alone by providing an experiential shopping atmosphere driven by a passion for sustainability, and a locally focused purchasing philosophy. We are currently undertaking the opening of a second Root Cellar location and are embarking on an exciting year ahead as we plan, create, and manifest this new project. This new location provides the opportunity to develop, strengthen and grow our Root Cellar Family, and we are seeking applicants as excited about what lies ahead as we are. We anticipate opening in the second half of this year, so the future is glowing with growth & opportunity for our team.
The Root Cellar is a family business, founded in 2008. A firm stance behind our motto ‘farm fresh, dirt cheap, delicious’ and a drive to brighten every customer’s day has resulted in our little market becoming a bustling community hub, now providing Vancouver Island’s largest selection of organic, local and conventional produce, a full service butcher and deli, a boutique florist and garden centre, artisanal grocery, dairy & breads, a bulk foods section and most recently a new coffee bar, bringing us to over 10,000 square feet, buzzing with over 120 employees.
At The Root Cellar, we believe that time spent gathered around the table is what connects us as people, families & communities. Good food is essential not only for survival but for our human need for togetherness. We want our customer’s experience of food to be extraordinary, beginning with their visit to The Root Cellar. To create this experience we seek passionate individuals, driven by a shared love of food, experience, and impact. We value integrity, candor, a sense of humour and individuals whose drive for excellence results in a more rewarding work experience for all – together we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the community where we live, work & play.
We are looking for someone to spread the sunshine. The full time position of Marketing Assistant provides administrative, organizational and creative support to the Marketing & Communications Manager. Your refined, existing office skills, and love of organization and efficiency are complemented by your self-motivated nature. You are creative and have a love of food & sustainability, making you a positive and uplifting addition to our healthy & fast paced work environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- You will support the overall marketing strategy for the Root Cellar; everything from data analysis and revenue tactics to brand building.
- You understand that creating an awesome customer experience is critical to success.
- You are a team player who can communicate proficiently and professionally in email and clearly articulate your ideas, arguments, questions & concerns.
- You oversee online representations, listings and presence including website maintenance and content & copy creation.
- You support the weekly customer & team newsletters, press releases, community events, donations, fundraisers & collaborations.
- You are directly involved in the preparation of internal communications, educational materials, signage, form & document preparation & file maintenance.
- You are responsible for elements of social media; content collection, creation and page & inquiry management.
- You have a creative soul and an analytical mind.
- Other administrative responsibilities as required.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE COMES EQUIPPED WITH:
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE COMES EQUIPPED WI
- Success in a similar role in a food related industry.
- Previous marketing/communications/administrative training, experience & successes.
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Publisher, Excel), Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), email and calendar maintenance.
- Familiarity in managing social media platforms.
- Experience working with Mailchimp & Wordpress.
- Pride in your advanced attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and communication skills with the ability to think big, but also track the details.
- A “can do” attitude with a willingness to pitch in where needed, take prompt action and ensure closure on a wide variety of tasks.
- Flexibility; able to adapt to changing priorities and prioritize projects.
- Valid driver's license and vehicle – offsite errands are part of this role.
- Sense of humour.
This is a full time position commencing promptly. This role is entitled to a competitive wages, a culture of Teamwork, Collaboration & Continuous learning. As well as a 20% In-store discount on purchases.
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter. We look forward to meeting you!
* applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.