We would love to have you join us at our HQ office in beautiful Victoria, BC, and we will provide relocation assistance no matter where in the world you currently live.
We are completely remote-friendly - you do not have to work in the office every day. However, this role will have responsibilities that regularly require a physical presence in Victoria and in our office.
We’re growing faster than a pimple on picture day and need your help to further develop and execute our marketing and communications strategy. As you activate the internal marketing plan for our organization you will create digital media, direct content production, improve our sales collateral, and increase our brand awareness through our website, social media, and other earned media opportunities. Ultimately your goals are to:
- Increase positive sentiment for our brand (internally and externally);
- Generate inbound leads, and;
- Help nurture the relationships with our clients and partners.
You will have the support of designers, writers, analysts, developers, and our growth team to achieve the ambitious objectives you will help us create as you build a career here.
As an experienced marketing professional, you have outstanding written and verbal communication skills. You are comfortable working with your teammates across the organization as well as our clients, our event guests, media representatives, and contractors or vendors. You will need strong organizational skills - if you’ve ever built a spreadsheet to plan a housewarming party, you’re on the right track. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and don't crack under pressure. You are ambitious and want to work at a sustainable pace towards high impact and high-quality results on projects you have owned from start to finish.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIESWithin your first month, you will be able to...
- Understand and be able to effectively communicate our mission, vision, values, and guiding principles in company announcements or internal communications;
- Help prepare our monthly Company Check-in (all-hands meeting) with input from our 4 business pillars (Growth, People Ops, Service Delivery, and Technology);
- Understand the processes and best practices to produce and share a piece of marketing content (eg. blog post or digital portfolio);
- Perform SEO on a recent blog post and schedule the next month’s social posts for sharing with our public sector audiences in mind;
- Update our Sales and Marketing KPI Dashboard by gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources.
Within your first 90 days, you will be able to...
- Research, write, create, and publish a new case study on our website every 1-2 months;
- Simultaneously prepare all marketing and communication materials (ie: event posters, event landing page, key messaging, social media posts) for:
- Our next big team event and;
- Our next business development campaign;
- Create compelling and customized presentations in Google Slides by directing our graphic designers and incorporating input from our technical consultants;
- Assume responsibility for all company social media channels and post high-quality, relevant, and diverse content at a frequency of once per week.
After 1 year you will be able to...
- Own all current Marketing processes from start to finish;
- Easily understand how to create a long-term marketing strategy that is in line with our company mission, vision, and strategy;
- Spearhead and own any new initiative in our Growth strategy, and resourcefully align all the people and tools necessary to execute on it;
- Use data to iterate on our company newsletter, blogs, thought leadership and other content while finding new avenues to distribute the material broadly and frequently;
- Expand your role into other areas of the company, providing unsolicited and valuable support for Software Development, Service Delivery, and People Ops, in addition to the Growth Team.
Need to Have
- 3+ years related marketing experience;
- Significant creative and technical writing skills with a strong command of the English language;
- Ability to oversee content production by coordinating multiple resources (people), making quick decisions, and giving/taking honest feedback;
- Imagination and creativity to be a self-starter, and commitment to maintaining a laser focus on a specific objective when required;
- Experience executing on best practices in digital communications and social media;
- Hands-on experience with WordPress (or a similar CMS);
- Pinpoint accuracy and attention to detail - we need to know EXACTLY where that piece of spinach in our teeth is;
- A can-do attitude.
Nice to Have
- Experience working with government and the public sector or experience in a consulting environment;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Understanding of best practices in account-based marketing;
- Experience with Canva for creating digital media;
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite;
- Some experience with HTML and CSS (even if it was a while ago);
- Familiarity with our commonly used software or a similar alternative (eg: Slack, HubSpot, Jira, Trello, GSuite products);
- Significant graphic design or video production chops;
- Advanced experience with SEO, Google Analytics, and Search Console;
- Event management experience.
Click here to learn more about our benefits and culture.
EDI at FreshWorks - Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are not just buzzwords at FreshWorks Studio. Organizations, communities, and society can reap the benefits through embracing different perspectives. By respectfully challenging the status quo and continuously exploring the biases that exist around and within us, we aim to educate our team and positively impact the wider community. We hire remarkable team members who will work respectfully regardless of differences. We encourage applications from marginalized groups and those experiencing barriers to equity.
If you need accommodations - FreshWorks endeavors to provide an accessible and inclusive recruiting process. Persons with disabilities, visible or invisible, who need accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process can reach out to: email@example.com or 250-412-3470 ext. 3. Please visit here for more information on accommodation, including definitions, explanations, and examples.