Do you have a strong knowledge of ERP systems support, especially SaaS, and configuration and want to bring about positive change to a great organization?
Are you a confident leader who wants to build and lead a team focused on innovative ways to transform the business and inspire change?
Do you have a proven record of accomplishment of seeking, learning, and effectively implementing best practices from relevant industry sources?
Are you a natural collaborator and listener who is capable of problem solving for a diverse array of stakeholders?
Do you have excellent people skills supported by a solid technical background?
Do you want to join an award-winning culture and thrive in a place where work-life balance is possible?
BC Assessment is currently looking for a permanent Manager, Workday Product Solutions. This exciting role, within the Finance team, drives the sustained operations and ongoing enhancements of BCA’s Workday solutions and product lifecycle. As a change agent, the manager will drive change towards a collaborative and consultative business partnership with executive, management and staff. The position leads the creation and oversight of Workday solution support and delivery of business processes, product configuration, reports, dashboards, integrations in the Workday, and related applications such as Workday Adaptive Planning. This critical position works in partnership with the Workday functional owners in finance, HR, payroll, and will have the opportunity to build and lead a team of professionals who collectively inspire outstanding system support, best practices and the attainment of our business goals and roadmap for success!
Key responsibilities include:
- Leads, manages and provides Workday subject matter functional expertise for BCA’s Workday Product Solutions
- Responsible for the Workday product including the design of the business processes, configuration, reporting/dashboards and controls, maintenance and management of the organizational hierarchy, and other key financial areas
- Leads, recommends, and oversees the support, change management, testing and implementation of Workday solution new releases and changes within regularly scheduled change windows in accordance with regulatory requirements, and best practices in prioritized order in accordance with the Workday roadmap for continuous improvement of processes
- Develops and leads implementation of Workday solution training strategy for the finance, HR and payroll operational staff and the organization
- Develop and maintain strong business partner relationships with finance, HR, payroll, and information technology teams and across the organization to ensure the product landscape (3 year Workday roadmap) is aligned with the business.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of finance, HR and payroll business processes to assist in streamlining tasks and initiating new or revised solution workflows
- Leads and participates in the research, development, implementation and documentation of changes to financial, HR and payroll operations practices and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements and best practices; responsible to document changes to practices and procedures and collaborates with operational teams to ensure understanding of documented practices and procedures to more efficiently and effectively serve BCA using the Workday solution.
- Leads the standardization of Workday reports including finance, HR, payroll and management reports through the development and testing of all solution reports used for information, planning, analysis that are required for regulatory reporting or for business users and stakeholders such as Executive, Board members and management.
- Establish and maintain weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and presentations for senior leaders, staff and stakeholders.
- Monitors Workday solution access and security groups to ensure effective prevention and detection of fraud and errors, and the safeguarding of assets.
- Leads and participates in corporate activities to assess and evaluate financial and resource management risks, performance measures, best practices, strategic changes and continuous improvements, and the implementation of new initiatives.
To be successful in this role:
You need to be a leader and systems professional that possesses knowledge and skill in the following key areas:
- Complex ERP software, financial reporting and business intelligence software including implementation, maintenance, and management of a cloud SaaS solution.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of public sector governance, legislation, policies, practices, procedures, and internal controls.
- Knowledge of Canadian payroll practices and awareness of related legislation and unionized environments (collective agreements).
- Considerable knowledge of project management, change management, and risk management.
This role requires a leader who can be a product champion! Someone who can inspire others and deliver outstanding results, can manage and support change within a complex work environment, and is innovative. We need someone who can translate the technical to "lay person", work collaboratively to influence behavior, and introduce innovative practices in a customer-centric environment. We also need a leader who is committed to mentoring and developing staff to reach their full potential.
Communication is paramount. We need someone with superb communication and collaboration skills; someone who can easily build and maintain strong working relationships with staff at all levels within the organization. Strong written skills are also key for the development of plans and presentations, as well as the ability to generate understanding and support for these plans. Someone who has superior conceptual thinking, organizational and creative problem-solving skills ... and enjoys using all of these skills.
Finally, you need to see yourself as a strong change agent who wants to build meaningful experiences – in our team, the business, and the communities that we support. This role matters and we are looking for someone who cares, and wants to be part of something awesome!
This position is excluded from the bargaining unit.
- Location: Victoria, BC - Uptown OR Vancouver, BC
- Compensation: $104,300 – $127,400
- Competition Close Date: Open until filled
- University degree in information technology business analysis, information management or business administration (plus related IM/IT courses) or equivalent.
- Certificate in ERP technologies and/or certificate in Business Analysis or equivalent.
- Completion of PM certificate or certified Project Management Professional would be an asset.
- Workday training is required & Workday certification(s) is preferred.
- Seven years experience in implementing and/or supporting large ERP environments including:
- Five years demonstrated business analysis experience in an ERP software environment;
- Three years practical Workday experience implementing and/or supporting the Workday ERP environment including experience in configuring Workday business processes and deep understanding of Workday data and structure, reporting, dashboards and EIBs;
- Five years experience leading and managing a team;
- Three years experience working with consultants and managing vendor relationships and contract deliverables;
- Demonstrated experience in project management and agile delivery model in addition to understanding core project management concepts, theories, practices and methods;
- Demonstrated experience in SAAS product management;
- Strong understanding of Workday system architectures;
- Engaging, influencing and effective delivery to peers, business users, senior business leaders and stakeholders.
Please complete the full application for this position, including your education, certifications and experience that are relevant to and/or required per the stated qualifications. If you are an internal employee, please ensure that your employee profile contains your relevant education and experience.
Upload your resume and cover letter; once you submit your application, you will not be able to add documents.
If a questionnaire is present, please complete it fully. Responses may be used to shortlist candidates against the stated job requirements.
All BC Assessment employees must live in British Columbia. If you do not currently reside in, or live within commuting distance of the location(s) of the position to which you are applying, please make clear your relocation intentions as part of your cover letter.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record Check. All information provided in your application may be subject to verification. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of qualifications and/or supporting documentation (e.g. copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, driver’s license) as a condition of employment.
BC Assessment is committed to the health and safety of our employees and is taking every precaution against COVID–19 while building connection and collaboration in our hybrid workplace. Effective Nov 26, 2021, BC Assessment requires all employees, as a condition of employment, to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination.
As a Provincial Crown Corporation, our mission is to create uniform assessments and trusted property information that supports strong and vibrant communities in BC. Our people are the key to our success - they drive our business, bring our values to life and truly help build communities. We value BC and also, truly value our people.
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work weeks and flexible work schedules
- Health and Wellness - generous extended health and dental benefits, plus other wellness focused programs and benefits
- Retirement benefits – including public service pension plan
- Career development – ongoing learning, leadership development and career development scholarship program
- We are a Top Employer!
- An award-winning culture – watch our culture video!
Visit our benefits page to learn more and know that if you join the BC Assessment team, your skills and experience will be valued and will make a difference in the communities that we work and live.
At BC Assessment, every person and every voice is important. We are committed to making BC Assessment the best possible place to work and ensuring that our policies and practices are equitable, supportive and pro-active. Our hiring practices reflect this and we are committed to ensuring that our workforce reflects the people of British Columbia. We strive to create an environment where everyone can succeed, free of systemic barriers.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.