This is an exciting opportunity to join our People Services team at BC Ferries. As a passionate, innately curious, systems and analytics-minded individual, you are looking to work within engaged and collaborative team of Human Resources professionals who embody the very best of our brand.
At BC Ferries, our employees are our most important assets in delivering our commitment to customer safety, service and satisfaction. We offer a unique West Coast working environment with diverse challenges and opportunities. Whether your goal is to work behind the scenes, onboard our ships, or within our land based operations, you are a key contributor to the BC Ferries team.
With 47 ports of call and around 500 sailings every day, BC Ferries is the largest independently-owned ferry company in the world. Dedicated to safety, excellence, innovation, and people, we are committed to continuously improving the west coast travel experience of our customers.
"We connect communities and customers to the people and places important in their lives.”
MANAGER, SYSTEMS & ANALYTICS
Victoria (Head Office)
As a collaborative member of the People Services Team, this is a unique position that focuses on the workforce systems and analytics. You provide leadership in the ongoing development and implementation of the workforce data and systems roadmap, in turn, optimizing current technology and implementing new technology supporting informed workforce decisions.
This role will deliver quantitate and qualitative financial and workforce analytics for the People Services team and leaders throughout the Company on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis. You will provide leadership, guidance, and expertise in financial and workforce-related analytics and HRIS processes and systems requiring collaboration across multiple functions and internal departments.
Role responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain financial, workforce metrics, and analytics along with HRIS standards and controls to ensure data integrity and HRIS functionality by resolving problems and recommending solutions to meet entity-wide requirements;
- Define business requirements, implement and manage core workforce systems;
- Perform user-acceptance testing, research data discrepancies, confirm accuracy and integrity of all data entered, and ensure information is available on a timely basis;
- Identify and recommend solutions to address opportunities to improve existing processes and optimize operations effectiveness within People Services;
- Partner across the company to identify financial and workforce data and metrics requirements. Design and execute reporting and analytics strategy by developing information to be included in presentations and reports;
- Develop and deliver training, user guides, and facilitate communications to ensure end-user understanding of HRIS systems and processes;
- Work with People Services leaders and team members to develop effective and meaningful measures, metrics, and key performance indicators that drive productivity and efficiency.
You will lead the development and use of workforce analytics and performance indicators to inform workforce decisions. You have a demonstrated ability to perform data mining, reporting, and analysis with attention to detail and accuracy. You are a proven project manager as the development of the dashboards and implementation of the use of the same throughout the business will require entity wide reach. In addition, you have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in People and/or Accounting Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics and/or related fields. In addition, a high level of functional People Service knowledge will support the ability to perform data exploration and trends analysis, understand external and internal factors and develop “on-point” recommendations from data analyses to drive People programs and strategies. A university degree, college diploma, or equivalent experience with a focus in Human Resources, Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field is required. Key requirements defining success include strong detail orientation, exceptional organizational and analytical skills along with strong verbal and written communications.
Please apply by July 15, 2022. You will be required to create a profile that you can use to apply on future career opportunities.
BC Ferries supports employment equity and diversity in the workplace and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who reflect our ever-changing workplace. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.