Manager Project Management Office (PMO)
BC Pension CorporationVictoria, BCa month ago
BC Pension Corporation
Why chose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What we offer:
- Variety of work options (modified workweek, on campus work, work from home, or a hybrid of home/on-campus)
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
We are seeking a Manager, Project Management Office (PMO) to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
The Manager, Project Management Office (PMO) oversees the management of and leads a group of professional staff supporting program, project administration and change management services to serve the needs of the Corporation. This position supports tactical input into corporation-wide planning as well as strategic input for branch business planning and service delivery models.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of project management practices, gained through experience leading major business and IT projects, as well as an eagerness to continuously improve PM processes, practices and tools to help shape the future of our work and support our journey towards becoming an insights-driven organization.
To learn more about the Manager, Project Management Office (PMO) position, please click the link to the job description at the bottom of the page.
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary degree in information systems, computer science, business administration or a related field. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Project Management Professional Designation. An equivalent certification or designation may be considered.
- Five years of experience at a senior level leading major projects of large scale and complexity that have multiple project delivery components.
- Experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders and leading consultation sessions.
- Four years of recent experience supervising and coaching senior level professionals.
- Experience in business planning, contract management, financial management, and negotiations.
- Experience with multiple delivery methodologies, including waterfall and agile-scrum practices.
Nice to have
- Experience supervising bargaining unit staff is preferred.
Cover letter: Required.
Resume: A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes. Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job requirements as listed above.
Questionnaire: As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements.
Please apply through our career website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessibly environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com.