University of VictoriaVictoria, BC12 days ago
Organization Unit: University of Victoria -> Student Affairs -> Residence Services
Closing Date: 15 June 2021
Category: General Management
The University of Victoria is one of Victoria's largest employers and one of Canada’s best diversity employers. Together we are more than 5,000 dedicated faculty, librarians and staff supporting the University of Victoria’s diverse academic programs, world-class research and commitment to civic engagement.
The salary range for this position is:
Recruitment range: $60,720 - $68,343 starting salary determined by the PEA Collective Agreement.
Performance range: starting salary to max of $79,374 is available through annual performance increases.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Business Operations, the Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations and processes that link the various departments within the Residence Services unit, as well as overseeing and managing the daily operations of the Front Desk. This includes staff recruitment, scheduling, supervision, training and performance development for a team of up to 18 full and part-time regular staff and casual staff, ensuring seasonal needs are met. The Operations Manager organizes and manages cross-departmental special events and functions such as Move-in Day and Move-out processes; is responsible for the Craigdarroch Office building furnishings and facilities; and leads cross-functional teams in creating and revising operational processes that impact multiple departments within Residence Services.
The Manager is responsible for effectively coordinating and overseeing a wide variety of projects and activities that support and involve the various sub-units within Residence Services, including Conference Services and summer operations, Facilities Management, Admissions, Residential Education, and Front Desk services.
The Operations Manager works a Tue-Sat work schedule during the academic year (September to April), and Thursday – Monday during the May to August summer months. The Manager is a member of the Manager-On-Call rotation program.
This position requires University degree in business, business administration, or a related discipline plus a minimum of 3 to 5 years leadership experience, including direct staff supervision, preferably in a unionized environment.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
In addition this position requires:
- Demonstrated success in leading operational change; creating and implementing effective and efficient business processes
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and inspire teams
- Ability to effectively manage financial operations, business processes, and operational procedures.
- Broad knowledge of, and experience with, residence or related procedures, and general business practises and functions, including an awareness of the importance of all aspects of residence operations
- Strong administrative and computer application. Superior level of skill in a networked, computer environment that includes MSOffice and Share Point. Experience with a property management software is an asset.
- Demonstrated collaborative and supportive leadership style; strong supervisory skills and ability to lead a team
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, meet tight deadlines and effectively handle changing priorities and emergency situations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven planning and organizational skills
- Passion for service excellence and for training and developing staff in service principles
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; ability to share information in a collaborative and effective manner; ability to create clear marketing and informational communications in a variety of digital and print formats
- Proven ability to deal tactfully and decisively with sensitive client/student issues while maintaining confidentiality and high levels of service
UVic is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our living, learning and work environments. In pursuit of our values, we seek members who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity.
Read our full equity statement here: www.uvic.ca/equitystatement.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact: email@example.com. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.